All sold

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

All sold

Post by thom »

George asked me if I could post a couple knives he decided to sell. I don’t think I need to tell anyone about George. His name says it all. Please contact him directly per George’s instructions to me. George Cameron email
cameronknives@msn.com
Thanks Thom
9BA7535B-46BC-411E-9986-8210FFE49E02.jpeg
9BA7535B-46BC-411E-9986-8210FFE49E02.jpeg (78.45 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
78B03036-2B32-4CC0-8EF4-72D90CFAB02B.jpeg
78B03036-2B32-4CC0-8EF4-72D90CFAB02B.jpeg (80.64 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Attachments
88928C97-987B-43EF-AD5C-3AC19F643F94.jpeg
88928C97-987B-43EF-AD5C-3AC19F643F94.jpeg (128.64 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
EA7FE62C-7F0E-41BC-B48D-00AE9071386A.jpeg
EA7FE62C-7F0E-41BC-B48D-00AE9071386A.jpeg (122.54 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
7A0A35BE-6829-4D53-8955-8A6E188F9D37.jpeg
7A0A35BE-6829-4D53-8955-8A6E188F9D37.jpeg (103.24 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
EF28F41B-FEC2-4413-9C8D-840B1244BB2C.jpeg
EF28F41B-FEC2-4413-9C8D-840B1244BB2C.jpeg (79.32 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
3F6D3BD4-52EF-4212-A083-A7033C4D3C9F.jpeg
3F6D3BD4-52EF-4212-A083-A7033C4D3C9F.jpeg (80.58 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
B11C65BD-FE07-4FE0-84C6-4637D011697B.jpeg
B11C65BD-FE07-4FE0-84C6-4637D011697B.jpeg (111.5 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Last edited by thom on Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Re: George Cameron’s for sale

Post by METALGOD »

wow 450 for a complete custom made stiletto , i had a George Cameron stiletto many years ago but had to sell it when i was not doing so well they are awesome quality knives i think i paid around 800 for mine so 450 is a steal for this knife , the walts are a bit overpriced though lol , love the Black Beauty stand/knife very cool .
cameronknives

Post by cameronknives »

Hi All:

Ive been away for some time and lost track of the current prices. I've lowered the prices on the set of Walts flat guards too $700.00 . Thats $350.00 each with the case. Both in new condition.

Thanks
George
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Hi George -
PM inbound about the Walts!
huckles

Post by huckles »

George: I pm'd you about the blond, still available?
button_man

Post by button_man »

"..........his name says it all." Well, it didn't say anything to me; I never heard of him.
However, since everyone else seems to think he's the greatest thing since frozen waffles,
I decided to take a chance on one of these knives. Here is how it went:

While Mr. Cameron and I were swapping emails about the knife I wanted --the last knife shown in the photo array above-- he sold it to somebody else. 
I didn't realize this immediately, and said “I would like to buy this knife; and also the larger knife shown in the photo that you sent....” 
This referred to a photo sent privately, which showed two more knives that he purportedly had available for sale.

Having been notified by Mr. Cameron that the knife from the TB thread had been sold, I said:  “geez, I wish that I had gotten the piece that was
posted on TB, but that’s the way it goes.  However, I will DEFINITELY take the larger piece in the photos that you sent....”

Mr. Cameron then sent me a message that said:  “I read this mail after I read the first one so I'll revise this
to show you buying both the 10 3/4" and the 8 3/4.” 

----------------------
NOTE: I have no idea how Mr. Cameron got the impression that I wanted the smaller knife that was in the photo that he sent.  I never said any such thing. 
----------------------

At this point, I explained that I had wanted both the knife with water-buffalo horn shown in the last three photos at the beginning of this thread; plus the larger knife in the picture that he had sent. Mr. Cameron then informed me that not only had the water-buffalo knife been sold, but that he had also sold the larger knife in the picture! ....and that sending a photo of it was "a mistake". He kept insisting that I had ordered the small knife in the picture and that I owed him $383 for it.

Still trying to be civil, I wrote out a complete timeline of our correspondence, including specifically the passages where I explained exactly what I had wanted. I said: "I would like for you to find and quote my exact words in any message in which I expressed an interest in the under-9” knife.
You can’t, because there isn’t any." I invited Mr. Cameron to examine our correspondence, as I had done in order to create the timeline.

And that was it. I never heard back from him. No knives; no apology; no nothing.

Maybe this guy was some kind of fantastic knife-maker at one point, but right now he doesn't seem capable of tying his own shoes.
When dealing with an individual becomes this much trouble, I take it as a warning to steer clear. I am pretty fed up with
the complete waste of time and not at all impressed with Mr. Cameron.

cameronknives

Post by cameronknives »

I have sold hundreds of knives with no complaints All I can say is you should have acted faster in buying one of my knives. I,m not wasting my time in getting in a pissing match over who said what or when.
The way I see it your just upset because they sold so fast and you didn't get one. For that I'm sorry and I guess I apologize ( although I don't know what for) Guess I apologize for them selling so fast.

Bottom line is you didn't lose one penny and your just mad because someone beat you out. Instead of wasting your time writing long e-mails you should have been writing a check to secure the knife you wanted.
I'm done with this

George
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

well said George.
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

My $.02 is that I also didn't know who George was............but that is probably due to the fact that I'm just not too deep in the custom knife world.
I pulled the trigger on buying the two Latama's from him and the transaction couldn't have gone any smoother. I am definitely happy with how everything went for me.
I'll also add that email communication (or text messaging for that matter) in any transaction can lead to misunderstandings. I've had it happen to me before and I try to do my best to make sure everything is as clear as possible...........but "stuff" happens!
button_man

Post by button_man »

" I,m not wasting my time in getting in a pissing match over who said what or when."
Yes, when somebody doesn't have a leg to stand on, that's the attitude they usually take.

"you should have acted faster in buying one of my knives"
"your just upset because they sold so fast and you didn't get one"
"your just mad because someone beat you out"

Since I don't mind discussing who said what or when, I am more than willing to address this fallacy that you seem so fond of repeating....
and I can see why -- because, even though it's untrue, it makes me appear childish and takes you off the hook.

1. The knife displayed in this thread: I felt that because I had contacted you about it first, that you might have at least said "others are also interested;
I would appreciate a decision ASAP." I try to treat people with some degree of respect when I am conducting business with them; you ignored the fact that I had spoken up first, and sold it without touching base with me before you did it.... or even telling me afterwards. You are free to do business any way you want, but to me that sort of thing shows zero respect for your customers.

Now then, to respond to all of your repeated claims that I was "mad" and "upset" -- even after this occurred, I did not express any anger;
all I said was "geez, I wish I had gotten that knife..... oh well, I'd still like to buy the larger knife in the photo." No anger; just mild regret.

2, The larger knife in the photo: You admitted yourself that the knife had already sold and that sending that photo was "a mistake".
At this point I was somewhat annoyed but I still didn't send you any nasty messages, or express any kind of anger towards you at all.

3. The small knife in the photo: You repeatedly insisted that I owed you money for a knife that I had never mentioned. The implication was that I had ordered something and was backing out. I did get a little hot at that, because it calls my character into question -- but I still did not express any hostility to you..... all I did was write out a timeline of our messages, including what was said about being ordered, to demonstrate to you that I had never mentioned the small knife and was not breaking my word about anything whatsoever.

And you couldn't be bothered to write back. Okay, technically you were within your rights to sell the first knife to anybody you wanted; but offering the second knife for sale was clearly a mistake; you said so yourself. Insisting that I pay you for a knife that I never mentioned was another mistake, and an even bigger one. Yet you didn't have the backbone to step up, swallow hard, and say that you had screwed up, the you were sorry, that you would like to find a way to make things right. Even now, your only interest is to be defensive and to make accusations.

"Instead of wasting your time writing long e-mails you should have been writing a check to secure the knife you wanted."

I do not consider it a "waste of time" to clear up a business misunderstanding involving hundreds of dollars, and my reputation.
You are sneering at me for doing so, just to make me sound bad; and to try to bolster your own position. That says a lot more
about you than it does about me.

And do tell -- what knife should I have been "writing a check" to secure? The one that you sold without telling me? The one that had been sold
even before you mistakenly sent the photo? Or the one that I never mentioned and didn't want? Which knife, George?

No, I didn't lose one penny; but I have spent a couple hours of my time dealing with all this, and at this stage of my life, my time is diminishing and therefor increasingly valuable.

You may be some kind of fabulous cutler; but you treat people badly. Because of this, I am now glad that I did not do any business with you.
There are plenty of knives out there that I can buy. I prefer to deal with people who try to be polite and considerate instead of blaming others for their own mistakes.
button_man

Post by button_man »

Ijerr2 ~ I am glad for you, that your transaction went well. I agree that snafus often happen..... the important thing is how people deal with them.
I like to talk things out and get everything cleared up; and if I am at fault, I try to be man enough to admit it and see what I can do to make amends. Unfortunately, not everybody feels the same way.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm thinking about locking this thread. Seems to me everyone has had a chance to respond.

I had concerns about this thread from the start. Thom was posting for George and asked everyone to contact George directly.I assumed it was because George was having problems posting and Thom was helping out. That meant George would have to communicate closely with Thom to update what knives were sold, pending sale, etc. That never happened and I still really have no clear idea what knives are available because nothing has been edited and marked sold.

Now I see George can post directly to the forum and this thread. Was the problem George had difficulty posting pictures? Or was it just a way to get around the buy/sell posting rules on number of posts? Whatever the reason it was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Miscommunications happen twice as easy when trying to do it through pm's and emails.

I believe all parties involved in this are good, honest people. This is just a big miscommunication that probably needs to stop. There are more important things in life to worry about.
cameronknives

Post by cameronknives »

For everybody's information all knives have been sold. Thom offered to post the photo's because I was having problems posting on this thread. I wasn't trying to get around anything! I gave clear info for my e-mail so Thom wasn't troubled with all the questions and back and forth e-mails with everyone.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Fair enough, George. All knives are sold and I will lock the thread.

I hope everyone can bury the hatchet and forgive and forget.
thom

Post by thom »

I just got back from vacation. I haven’t checked in for a week.
They are all sold so you could delete the post.
Thom