latama for sale

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
point man

latama for sale

Post by point man »

I don,t have a camera to put up a picture, but Its an 11" light greenish color horn bayonet style blade. still shiny blade close to mint condition. I bought it about 7 years go from A bounty hunter in NY for $1100.00 It was supposedly made in the early 1950,s also the word Latama is in script not printing.would like to sell it for $1000.00 thanks Mark SpitsImage
Last edited by point man on Fri May 29, 2009 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Springmesser

Re: latama for sale

Post by Springmesser »

If you put it on Sharperdeals auction and the knife is in good shape.....I bet you would get much much more for it.....there is a smaller one on there right now...the last I looked it was at $5000....just a little friendly free advice. :)
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Springmesser wrote:If you put it on Sharperdeals auction and the knife is in good shape.....I bet you would get much much more for it.....there is a smaller one on there right now...the last I looked it was at $5000....just a little friendly free advice. :)

here's the link for that one http://www.sharperdeals.net/auction_det ... n_id=27332
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Yep....thats the one...its closer to $6000 now.
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

WOW!...and the reserve hasn't been met :shock: :shock: :shock:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Remember, the square button ones get a hefty premium :idea:
[especially a square button Kris blade].
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

There was one on gunbroker a while back...$17.000 :roll:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I thought they said the kriss blades are more common on the limited square button models of that size. :?:
Leverlock switchblades
point man

Post by point man »

this latama I`m selling has A round button
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

You need to get some pics up....or scan it or something.....no one will buy sight unseen.....and the fact that your a unknown newbie...no offense intended...but that is just the way it is....especially when it comes to laying out that kind of cash. :)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

All else being equal the value differential between a regular Latama (standard stiletto) and a square button is about a factor of 10.

Jim
redeye

Post by redeye »

hey point man, you gotta get some pics and post it on the sharpedeal auction. that is where you will get the fairest price for your knife. you say near mint but that is a big deal when talking value. are the scales perfect no nicks ,cracks or chips? does it close all the way? does it open with a good snap or is it lazy? is there "liner gap" ya see what i am talking about? its all about condition and rarity of the stamp. i dont know where you live but there is a huge blade show in Atlanta Ga. the end of the month. if you could get there you would get top dollar for your knife.it sounds like a nice knife but ya also have to consider the ecnomic situation right now as few people have the extra for such a cool knife ./ i have 9 Latama picklocks and am always looking for more so get that up on the auction and lets see it get sold. or if are into trades gimme a pm. seeya redeye aka freddie
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
panner

Post by panner »

It's seems unanimous spend a few extra bucks to take some pic's and watch your profit soar :) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.