Microtech Clone OTF Auto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ginrickie1

Microtech Clone OTF Auto

Post by ginrickie1 »

This is the latest microtech clone that is out there.It is just like the lighting but has A spear blade insteadIt is A automatic both ways in and out.It comes with A belt clip.It is only $30.00 and that includes free shipping in the usa.

I will not ship any weapons or any other items to any location where they are prohibited by local law.Seller assumes no responsiblity for the use or misuse of this item by the buyer.by bidding the buyer states the they are over 18 years andthey are falimer with there local laws concerning the use and possession of this item if any.
micro clone 2.JPG
micro clone 2.JPG (31.29 KiB) Viewed 9993 times
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Microtech Clone OTF Auto

Post by JerrBear »

This is a Chinese clone-of-a-clone - The quality does not compare to the Taiwanese LIGHTNING...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Jerr:

I wish I'd asked you before I got one of these. You're right - they're not nearly as nice as a Lightning. The Best! JB
ginrickie1

Post by ginrickie1 »

the lighting has a very high failure ratio compared to this one.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The blade on my Lighning' has a ittle play when it is in the handle.
I just got one that looks similar to that clone from HDC on the way.
Leverlock switchblades
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I've carried a Lightning everyday for about a year now with excellent service. I just disassembled it, lubed it with graphite, painted it with polyurethane paint and put it back into my pocket (after the paint dried), for anothe year or so - I hope. With both the Lightning and the new Microtech clone on my desk right now, I'm sorry to say, I'm afraid you might be a little disapointed with your's when it arrives. In my opinion the Lightning is much better quality. Please let us know what you think when you get it. :) JB
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

ginrickie1 wrote:the lighting has a very high failure ratio compared to this one.
Mr. Ginrickie1,

With all due respect, MONKEY PUCKEY!

The failure rate of the Taiwanese LIGHTNINGS (except for the very early ones) is extremely rare.

These things haven't even been onna market long enough to establish a failure rate. Who the hell are you trying to kid?

Mr. Jeff_75,

Alas, is the same Chinese knife...
JerrBear
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm not tryin to kid anybody. I also don't remember mentioning anything about any failure rate jerrbear. I'm not a fan of any orient knife. I need a letter opener, one that flicks. 8)
Heres the lightning. and a close up of the weld I put on the clip support screw because w/out the clip the threading isn't machined down far enough. It would be loose and not activate. It does not activate unless you weld it. or choose a different means of supporting the screw. :)
Leverlock switchblades
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Jeff_75 wrote:I'm not tryin to kid anybody. I also don't remember mentioning anything about any failure rate jerrbear.
Mr. Jeff_75,

I suggest you revisit my post. That wasn't directed at you. Only the last line under your name (re the one you have coming)...

By the way, your 'LIGHTNING' is Chinese tooness...
JerrBear
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

To settle this [hopefully] the Taiwan ones ARE better but, I sold the Chinese ones all last fall [at the flea] and not ONE came back :idea:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Al, expect a long line on openning day this year... :lol:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Vagrant wrote: I sold the Chinese ones all last fall [at the flea] and not ONE came back :idea:
Mr. Vagrant,

Are you sure what you sold were the ones pictured by Mr. Ginrickie1 and not the one pictured by Mr. Jeff_75? I've never seen the former offered before... Why are they just popping up NOW?
JerrBear
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Sorry jerrbear. That wasn't to me. :oops: I just got the OTF to own a knife that won't lose value if I sharpen the blade and use for practical purposes. Like the Hubies and Mikovs that I'll probably never actually use for anything because I'll want them to remain valuable.
I thought that one looked the same as the one I just ordered. :)
Leverlock switchblades
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

JerrBear wrote:
Vagrant wrote: I sold the Chinese ones all last fall [at the flea] and not ONE came back :idea:
Mr. Vagrant,

Are you sure what you sold were the ones pictured by Mr. Ginrickie1 and not the one pictured by Mr. Jeff_75? I've never seen the former offered before... Why are they just popping up NOW?
With so much about the various ones, who knows :?: ["Lightnings " were mentioned the most often in this thread and what I was refering to] but same basic "platform".
I sold both the Chinese "Lightnings" and the ones from Taiwan so I'm assuming that the same quality difference holds true for all variatons of the same, basic design :wink:
I know the Chinese Lightnings were roundly trashed but I never had a problem, with either and lots of requests for MORE :idea:
I'll bet the Chinese/Taiwanese quality difference will remain the same, even if they make [and clone] an OTF swinguard :lol:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

That would be a great OTF. I guess the guards would have to pop out when the bottom of the blade hits and swings them through the front. :idea:
Leverlock switchblades