Godfather for sale, and some good news.

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Tourist

Godfather for sale, and some good news.

Post by The Tourist »

One of my best clients came to visit today and gave me one of his Godfathers to liquidate. I will show pictures later this week, but it is one of those pearl handled models with the fancy buttons that usually goes for 850 bucks. He simply wants to sell it to buy something else.

(While I own a Godfather, I am not a ProTech collector, nor am I familiar with current prices on the used market. The knife is in NIB condition along with the original box. I would ask a mod or collector on how to set a fair price for this knife to benefit both my client and a member here.)

I was also doubly blessed. My client gave me a Godfather Tuxedo model for my trouble. Nice toy. The blade, the bolsters and the pocket clip are flawless, however the ivory-esque handle inserts show a tad bit of wear. But a very nice EDC. I have already polished the edge, and the spring is like a muskrat trap! Yikes!

My second scoop was a 50th Anniversary stag-handled AGA Campolin clip point auto. This is the model with the silver oval mid grip button. For a leaf spring, it really cracks the blade open with authority. It also has a spine toggle to unlock and fold the blade. Very minty, but alas, a drawer queen.

I always say, if you can't ride then buy something new for slicing. That makes this week a sure winner!
The Tourist

Re: Godfather for sale, and some good news.

Post by The Tourist »

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Wow you have some nice knives Tourist :shock:
Leverlock switchblades
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

Jeff_75 wrote:Wow you have some nice knives Tourist :shock:
That's the problem--I still have them instead of the new greedy owners, whoever they may be. LOL

Look at it this way. Suppose you were the guy who mops the floors at The Playboy Mansion. Oh sure, for the first few weeks it would really be cool watching all of the girls walk by. Then after a bit a blonde would pass you by and you wouldn't even look up...

That's the job of a knife salesman. When I started this gig I wanted to keep everything! It broke my heart when a client actually bought something and I had to take the knife to our local UPS store. Now I have knife boxes and FedEx envelopes all over the place. I've lost knives in the debris. I detailed my truck once and found an Emerson under the seat.

Last week a client wanted a knife, one that I happened to be carrying in my pants as an EDC. I sold it to him without a thought. As I pulled out of his driveway I dug around in the cardboard box of samples on the seat beside me to find something with an edge for the rest of my day.

My Dad liked to hide in his workshop playing with a wood lathe. I suppose it was great fun for him. I doubt the owner of a lumber yard would feel the same...
warbird

Post by warbird »

hum.... I think better yet I know :oops: .... I would still have to have a look at the blond !!!!! :D
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

warbird wrote:I would still have to have a look at the blonde !!!!!
Well, truth be told I'd probably take a look, myself! :lol:

But in reality, I cannot keep everything that comes across my desk. And my clients know that I research stuff late into the evening. I snagged a nice Hattori kitchen knife.

However, the fate of the knife collector is that there's never enough, something even better is on the horizon and I cannot live without it!