SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

SHOULD THE SALE OF CLONES BE ALLOWED ON THE FORUM IF DISCLOSED AS BEING CLONES?

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes: 38

blades1860

Re: SALE OF CLONES ON FORUM

Post by blades1860 »

JerrBear wrote:Hang it up, Matlock! It's a stUPid, meaningless poll anyways!
I agree. I tried to find a way to stop it. Maybe Vagrant knows how to do it.

BTW: Some of you guys will get a kick out of this. It's off topic but can't resist posting it. Got an email a little while ago with a comment on an old youtube site I have. Now, I've said some stupid things on this forum and I've been called on them and that is fair but this type of childish thing I find downright spooky and a little sicko. Here it is:

This clown is a major racist and a bigot . Check out his nasty attitude at talk blade forum.
I wouldn't buy a thing from him. Claims to be an ex-cop ,but actually just wore the uniform in a Village people tribute band.

It took me about 1 minute to find this guy's real name and address and a lot of what he likes in life. He's a big fan of a band called Traffic and likes beer. Not ordinary beer but designer beer. He also lives in Canada not far from the Detroit/Windsor area in a little town I had never heard of before. I won't reveal his real name or the name of his town. Apparently it must be a boring little hamlet. He spends a lot of time gaming. Seems like a nice guy but he sure doesn't like me. Hey Homebrewz how are things in C-Town?
I'm a mouthy SOB and maybe (no maybe about it) I've stirred up s@@t here over the past 24 hours and haven't made a lot of friends but I've discovered a lot of nice, tolerant people here. Fine people. Especially the ones who haven't agreed with me at all and have given back as good as I gave. A couple gave back better. I respect that. What I don't respect are backstabbing cowardly snipers. Also don't like being called a "major racist and a bigot". Calling me a clown is OK.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

:lol: :lol:
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

blades, all are welcome here, and yes I and others attempted to immediately let you know what are feelings are about the type of knives your were looking to sell. I do think you understand why we feel that way now, and to some degree I think you think more like the main group does now. This site differs from Bladefroums, in that we do make comments on items in the for sale section ( good and bad ones). A few years back two well respected dealers started selling AKC marked knock offs, and it took a bit to make them see the light. It was stressed to them how the Italian knife making community was finally getting back on its feet after 40 years of lack luster sales, and that to sell mis labelled knives was badly hurting them. Remember also these fake AKCs were selling for $25-40, when the real ones sold for $50-80, so they were hurting them badly.
You should reconsider openly stating things on the internet about importing, and selling these items as these posts can be easily viewed as public statements allowing for search warrants and prove intent ( at least in the USA).

I look forward to your post as long as they remain respectful to all.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Tom19176 wrote:blades, all are welcome here, and yes I and others attempted to immediately let you know what are feelings are about the type of knives your were looking to sell. I do think you understand why we feel that way now, and to some degree I think you think more like the main group does now. This site differs from Bladefroums, in that we do make comments on items in the for sale section ( good and bad ones). A few years back two well respected dealers started selling AKC marked knock offs, and it took a bit to make them see the light. It was stressed to them how the Italian knife making community was finally getting back on its feet after 40 years of lack luster sales, and that to sell mis labelled knives was badly hurting them. Remember also these fake AKCs were selling for $25-40, when the real ones sold for $50-80, so they were hurting them badly.
You should reconsider openly stating things on the internet about importing, and selling these items as these posts can be easily viewed as public statements allowing for search warrants and prove intent ( at least in the USA).

I look forward to your post as long as they remain respectful to all.
Tom I appreciate your comments and agree wholeheartedly with them. I didn't 24 hours ago. I am not selling and will not sell anything on this forum whether it's the real deal or otherwise. I was wrong to have made the original post. In fact I have DESTROYED what product I may have had. I apologize to all on this forum. I hope we can move on now. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Welcome to the Forum, Mr blades1860.
For the record, I appreciate the fact you've changed your mind. Maybe I didn't really study your website before I forwarded it, along with copies of your posts, to my knife-loving friends in Canada. And I will continue to forward so they can be up to date with your current position, but I think they are all very curiously lurking now anyway.

I'm just curious. Don't you think all this crap will hurt your business? Not just your selling counterfeit knives-posturing, but the whole aggressive approach to the knife community? Maybe you don't think it will, maybe you don't care if it does...no skin off my nose. I can't help but think it will end up costing you $$$ for this in lost business, but that's just how my mind works. Maybe it's just me....?

Thanks for joining, you found a great place. Take care.

PS.
I still can't find it in my heart to vote in this poll.
In this particular case, it should read: "Should new members be allowed to sell counterfeit knives on this forum?"
Again, that's just me
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Furcs wrote:Welcome to the Forum, Mr blades1860.
For the record, I appreciate the fact you've changed your mind. Maybe I didn't really study your website before I forwarded it, along with copies of your posts, to my knife-loving friends in Canada. And I will continue to forward so they can be up to date with your current position, but I think they are all very curiously lurking now anyway.

I'm just curious. Don't you think all this crap will hurt your business? Not just your selling counterfeit knives-posturing, but the whole aggressive approach to the knife community? Maybe you don't think it will, maybe you don't care if it does...no skin off my nose. I can't help but think it will end up costing you $$$ for this in lost business, but that's just how my mind works. Maybe it's just me....?

Thanks for joining, you found a great place. Take care.

PS.
I still can't find it in my heart to vote in this poll.
In this particular case, it should read: "Should new members be allowed to sell counterfeit knives on this forum?"
Again, that's just me
Thanks for your post Furcs. I am out of the knife business. Period. It is a hobby that turned into a little business because friends kept bugging me to sell them my knives. I am no longer an owner of illegal knives. It seems everybody in Canada doesn't want to buy a legal knife only illegal ones. Personally, a knife is a knife to me and I don't see why there should be a distinction but the law says otherwise.
Thanks to the lawmakers making talking on your cellphone illegal I am now in the bluetooth rearview mirrow speakerphone business. It is legal and a hell of a lot more customers. Yes, they are made in China. Couldn't get them anywhere else. (Shameless plug I know so don't flame me. Can't I guy have a little fun?) :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

J-man wrote::lol: :lol:
It's been a loooong time :wink:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome Blades1860. You took a lot of criticism and still kept your cool. I can respect that.
Hope you enjoy your stay. Welcome again to a fellow Canuk. :D 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Vagrant wrote:
J-man wrote::lol: :lol:
It's been a loooong time :wink:
Ditto. Great to have you back. Don't be a stranger. 8) :D
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

I will report my banning from BladeForums before the tattletale who visits both places tells you all. No sense of humor over there. Got banned for bad language. Bad language. What the hell is bad language? Obscene language, swearing, cussing or cursing I understand but what the hell is bad language. Bad grammar? Dunno but I'm banned. I will behave myself here because I like it at TalkBlade. You guys are a gutsy bunch. I will try to keep my bad language to a minimum and my informative and topical posts to a maximum. I've spent the last several hours reading as many posts and threads as possible. Some great stuff in this forum. Some very smart and informed people here and I'm learning a lot. Thanks.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Blades1860,

It's customary for new members to read the entire "Imitation Horn" thread before posting. Have you done this?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. Blades1860,

It's customary for new members to read the entire "Imitation Horn" thread before posting. Have you done this?
It's on my reading list for the weekend. All 3168 posts. Thanks JerrBear for the heads up.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I watched your utube knife and air gun videos, and you seem like a normal gentleman in all of those, so I am surprised they banned you over there as what I read of your posts there nothing was that bad. I assume I am not the tattletale since we have all come to welcome you now here.....

After going to BF and reading your new posts, you did cuss a bit there. Glockmann ( the mod there) runs a tight ship, so I am not surprised he banned you. They don't allow any comments in their for sale sections, and I once commented that a dealer was great and quickly sent me a great knife, and he warned me for that!

I see that your a former LEO ( so am ), so just take a deep breath with the guys that get too controlling with the power in their key board.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Thanks for the good advice Tom. I plan to stay on this board for a long time. It will take me a long time just to read the Imitation Horn thread. I plan to post too.

BTW I was going to go over all my posts on this thread and edit or delete them but I decided to leave them. They are very embarassing to me now but it's only right that I leave them for all to read. I was also going to remove the poll but left it for the same reason.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. Blades1860,

I started reading Imitation Horn JerrBear and got to page 2 and started pissing myself laughing. I expected several hundred pages of boring shit about imitation horn. I'm hooked on the thread now. Can hardly wait to see how it ends. :lol: