Looking for knives trade for 13" transitional stiletto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
exumer2687

Looking for knives trade for 13" transitional stiletto

Post by exumer2687 »

I've been searching for a long time for an 11" "true" transitional stiletto from the 60s (D-stamped, swedge blade, low button placement) with stag scales so if anyone has one they wanna get rid of please contact me. I am also interested in old swingguards, in any size, particularly with stag scales. I have a nice 13" stag transitional I'd be willing to trade for the 11" plus some cash, lemme know what you have and maybe we can work something out.
Last edited by exumer2687 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandbar

Re: Looking for knives

Post by sandbar »

Welcome to the forum! I am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction. You will find the people here are very helpful.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

2 sites I would try would be:

Uniqueblade.com

I have dealt with them many times over all around good site to buy from. To make things better they offer free shipping on all orders.

And as for older OTF's this site has some listed under the OTF pages

Assistedknife.com

A lot of people don't like JB but he's an alright guy. He has never done me wrong.

Also check out the good ones list to see who's on there. I know of stu711.com but never dealt with him really. Best of luck in your search!
exumer2687

Post by exumer2687 »

Thanks for the reply, I am familiar with the sites you posted but none of them have the knives I am looking for. The NATO OTF is really not a big deal as I am sure I will find one fairly easily. Its the 11" stag transitional that I've been waiting to pop up for a long time that is driving me nuts.. hopefully one will turn up eventually.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Email Bob from Brooklyn about the 11" trans...He has lots of things like that...lots...he sells on SharperDeals
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

11"trans
11"trans
kniff 025.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 6272 times
check yr pm's
Rex Havoc

Post by Rex Havoc »

I have an old NATO Military around here someplace...
exumer2687

Re: Looking for knives trade for 13" transitional stiletto

Post by exumer2687 »

bump.. still looking! 8)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

11" transitionals in horn or stag or imitation pearl (red, white ) or just standard black plastic are kinda hard to come by , you see lots of 13' transitionals but rarely do you see 11 inchers or smaller ones with swedged style blades, i have 1 of each in 11" stag,blackhorn and red pearlex handles all with swedge blades and D-stamped liners. a 13" blackhorn transitional with swedge blade and D-stamped liners was my very first italian stiletto i got from a friend when i was 11 yrs old lol so the transitionals with swedge blades are my favorite , i have a collection of both stag and horn in all sizes from smallest to largest (4-3/4" - 13" in stag) (4-3/4" - 15" blackhorn) ( 1- 18" in wood w/swedge blade and nickel/silver bolsters).
Thanks Bernie
exumer2687

Post by exumer2687 »

METALGOD wrote:11" transitionals in horn or stag or imitation pearl (red, white ) or just standard black plastic are kinda hard to come by , you see lots of 13' transitionals but rarely do you see 11 inchers or smaller ones with swedged style blades, i have 1 of each in 11" stag,blackhorn and red pearlex handles all with swedge blades and D-stamped liners. a 13" blackhorn transitional with swedge blade and D-stamped liners was my very first italian stiletto i got from a friend when i was 11 yrs old lol so the transitionals with swedge blades are my favorite , i have a collection of both stag and horn in all sizes from smallest to largest (4-3/4" - 13" in stag) (4-3/4" - 15" blackhorn) ( 1- 18" in wood w/swedge blade and nickel/silver bolsters).
Thanks Bernie

I do have an 11" brazilian horn swedge blade true transitional.. I'd even consider putting that one up for trade. I've also owned a swedge blade transitional with white pearlex scales in the 11" size which I sold last year. I've never seen them with red or black plastic scales before, at least not in any size larger than the minis. I've seen plenty of people post 11" stag trannies since I've joined the forums, but I never see them for sale. Surely someone has gotta have one, I've been searching for what seems like forever for a knife that isnt even all THAT rare, its no square button latama or black beauty and even a handful of those are accounted for.
diecast-treasures

Post by diecast-treasures »

Can you please POST PICTURES of your 13 Transitional Stag so we can see it and know what we're dealing with here

George
exumer2687

Post by exumer2687 »

Here are some pics of the 13" sorry they are lousy quality, its a cloudy day outside and its getting dark so I had to take them in the shop. Knife is in great shape, full blade with swedge.