1990s Spiderco Police model

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Doctor

1990s Spiderco Police model

Post by The Doctor »

I bought this one at a gun & knife show back in the '90s. Spyderco still makes a civilian version, but it is a little different. The blade is 4 1/8" and the overall length is 9 3/16". This one also has the neoprene inserts on the one side and the clip, which the civilian model does not. I have no idea what it is worth, but the current civilian model retails for $269.95. It's in like-new condition, although I don't have the original box or paperwork.

I'm not exactly selling it, but I will trade for a Benchmade M42 Bali-song in similar condition. My Spyderco is really in near mint condition so, please, no worn-out Bali-song offers. Thanks!
Spyderco.jpg
Spyderco.jpg (108.33 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
Chrisadamley

Re: 1990s Spiderco Police model

Post by Chrisadamley »

Well just to be clear,...your listing the MSRP of the current Civilian.

If anyone buys knives at that value then they are crazy lol.

You can pick up a civilian in the 150 dollar range.... (a bit less if you know where to look :wink: )

Granted this is an older version so i am completely in the unknown about the value. Just wanted to be clear about current prices for the current model so no one is confused.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Yes, I was mentioning the Civilian version's MSRP, and NOT the Undercover Police version, which this one is. This version is far rarer than the Civilian version and hasn't been available for quite some time. In fact, I don't believe it was ever available to the public until the Undercover version was discontinued and started showing up, used, in gun & knife shows.

I certainly don't want to mislead anyone as to its value, as I have no idea what it's really worth on the market. I suspect it's worth more than a slightly used BM 42 to the right person. For all I know it may be worth significantly more...or less. I only know what I want to trade it for. One reason I'm parting with it is because I have two, as you can see in the photo. Another reason is that I would really like a BM 42. Until then, I'll have to make do with the BM 51 Morpho arriving tomorrow.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Oops, make that today. Amazing how the USPS can deliver a 2-day package overnight, and by 11:00am, as well. Wow, I've never had a balisong this well-balanced and smooth. The company was so cool, they included a Spyderco Baliyo with no extra charge!
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Thanks to all who replied or PMed. Found one to buy :D
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

I have always (and still) wanted a civilian or a 42 but they are a little out of my price range : (