Very New.......got a question

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Balthos

Very New.......got a question

Post by Balthos »

Hey all, great site! Very new to all this and have a question or 2. Wanting to get in to collecting switchblades. Living in the states, is it legal to purchase these types of knives? Do I need a special license to collect these knives? If so, where do I apply? I already have an extensive collection of Butterflies and am wanting to go in a different direction by collecting switchs', thanks.

Balthos
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

What kind of butterflies do you have?
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings Balthos..

Welcome to Talkblade... and may your stay with us be a pleasant one 8)

Here is a link to the (basic) state laws in the US ... it's not quite up-to-date... OHIO has since clamped down on switches..

http://www.amatecon.com/switchblade.html

As for who to buy from (where to get them) check out our "good ones" list on the main page (switchblade knives)

All the best
Teddy
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Welcome to the Forum
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
magnum

Post by magnum »

Welcome Balthos!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Welcome aboard Balthos
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Balisongs are cool, Switches are just as cool. Go over to BA and buy some.

Oh and welcome.

SD
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Balthos
Vagrant sells licenses to collect them. Send him $350 (I want my cut, Vagrant), and he will send you one.
Bill
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Balthos,

Stu sells official "Switchblade Collectors Licenses" on Blade Auction for a buck a piece. :wink:
(a Certificate of Authenticity is another dollar plus $9.95 S&H - No Sales to Illinois Residents!) :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

License :?:
There is NO license. You colllect at your own risk. The penalties vary from none [some states] to felony charges [some states] :!: A collection safe at home is very low risk UNLESS you attract attention of the authorities. If the authorities respond to your residence for "domestic disturbances" at times, I suggest collecting stamps instead :idea: