Gun question

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MarioG14

Gun question

Post by MarioG14 »

I was wondering if you have any experiance with this gun; http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=136 and if so is it a good airgun?
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I don't know about this particular gun but I haven't seen a CO2 pistol that didn't leak sooner or later (usually sooner). :?
Get a spring/piston gun and forget about the gas powered ones. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My PPK/s hasn't leaked [yet] but it is a concern. So far it's worked fine. No experience with the Government model but it may be made by the same outfit.
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

I think most are made under licence by Umerax.
The colt's had dodgy triggers on the early ones but are supposed to be fine now.
I tried the colt ,beretta ,sig and walther clones and the walter CP99 was IMO the best.
Pretty low powered and not all that accurate but for bustin tin cans close up they are a bit of fun.
I love airguns (I'm spending around $2500.00 on one at the moment) but if i was buying something like that for plinking i'd buy a .22 pistol and do the job right.

rb
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

.22 auto pistols are as habit forming as cigarettes :roll: I have 3 Berettas, plus Colt Woodsman, H&K-4, S&W, Walther, Ruger, and others I can't remember :roll:
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

rapidboy1 wrote:I think most are made under licence by Umerax.
The colt's had dodgy triggers on the early ones but are supposed to be fine now.
I tried the colt ,beretta ,sig and walther clones and the walter CP99 was IMO the best.
Pretty low powered and not all that accurate but for bustin tin cans close up they are a bit of fun.
I love airguns (I'm spending around $2500.00 on one at the moment) but if i was buying something like that for plinking i'd buy a .22 pistol and do the job right.

rb
The colts are low powered and inacurate? Site says the have like 400 F.P.S. I thought that was.... kinda decent for plinking. I live in Suburbia, so I can't have no Elephant, you know?
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

If you want something for plinking at tin cans etc these are hard to beat.. you can shoot 'em indoors also.. they work just like the real thing but fire plastic pellets...

Here are some more to look through... (click on PRODUCTS)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... ry?menu1=2

And pics...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gallery

Great fun... you can get full-auto ones also... they're even more fun... you can even get battery driven ones...(not the minis.. they have no power).. the full-size ones

All the best
Teddy
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

I just sold one of those, never even shot it though.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

If it was the spring-operated type that you have to cock for each shot you haven't missed much... but the ones you fill with gas that function automatically are great fun.. no stupid "double-action" trigger like those CO2 powered auto look-alikes (they are really revolvers) but either semi or full auto .. most people scoff at 'em... I know I did until I actually tried one.

All the best
Teddy
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

The one I sold was a all metal Beretta by some japanese company. It used green gas.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Perhaps you shoulda tried it... you might have liked it..

Best wishes
Teddy
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

Well, I used to the money to get a BM45. Thats worth it to me.
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

Speaking of guns, I just bought a .410 Snake Charmer 2 for $100
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Any pics?
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

I don't even have a camera man. Search for Snake Charmer 2 on yahoo and you'll see what I mean.