Al Sweeney UPDATE

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Al Sweeney UPDATE

Post by natcherly »

Just got a call from Diana, Al's girlfriend. Al is now in the hospital with pneumonia and renal failure. It looks like he will be going into hospice care very shortly. Diana is still working out the details. She promised to call with more updates as things progressed. She asked me to let his friends know the situation and also said I could give her number out should others wish to call to get more news, offer support & encouragement, etc. 603-801-4494

We knew this day was coming, but it is never something we expect to happen anytime soon. Al is a great member of our hobby. We wish him and Diana all the best.
sammy the blade

Re: Al Sweeney UPDATE

Post by sammy the blade »

It's a shame but life can deal out some shitty blows. He was lucky to have Diana!
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very sad news.......
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Just read the news here …. Hey Al we will light a candle tonight to guide you on your path forward, wherever that may lead you Brother..... hopefully back here but if you decide to go this will help light the way. Your friend, JJ
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

INDEED SAD NEWS

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE DAVID
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I am sad to hear this,sent some emails to him when I got on TB,he answered all of them,God bless you Al.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sad news indeed, Al was instrumental in my early switchblade education.

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Any more news on Al?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Called Diana. She is getting over the flu which her doctor says she got from the hospital visiting Al. She hasn't seen him in a week due to her illness. He is now in a nursing home as he needs 24/7 care in large part due to his interrelated feeding and breathing issues. Food and drink can get into his lungs and he won't take a feeding tube. The care provided involves making him comfortable (morphine); all other meds have been stopped. Not quite hospice but from what she says it might as well be. Hope for the best, but sad to say nothing encouraging.
sammy the blade

Sux big time! Thanks for the update so we can say a prayer for Al.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

If he won't take food and they take him off medication he won't last long. Al is a fighter and I guess anything is possible. Just a shame when we loose one of us, especially a member like Al.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for the update. As stated already very sad....Please keep us posted.....