Hafa adai

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Re: Hafa adai

Post by tequiza »

Well, it's been a lot of fun here in Tucson, spent a couple of days in Tombstone and got to watch the shootout at the OK corral and several other gunfights, but today we're heading to Phoenix and spending the night at a hotel next to the AP, we'll be catching a flight to Hawaii at 7:30AM tomorrow morning, spending 3 days there, then onto Guam.

Looking forward to lots of beach time, sashimi and cold coronas while in Hawaii, and then hitting all the tackle shops in Guam for a couple of good surf rods and spinning reels, haven't done any salt water fishing in several years so I'm really excited about that!

Plenty of coronas on the island David, just not as cheap as on the mainland.
Talk to you guys again when I can.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

We'll be waiting on you but in between don't do anything I wouldn't do.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

While in Phoenix, drop by the Arizona Biltmore. Incredible hotel and grounds.

Have a safe trip to Hawai'i and beyond!
john

Post by john »

Sounds like you’re having a good time!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Pete, just wondering what you did with the FG'S?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

sammy the blade wrote:Pete, just wondering what you did with the FG'S?
I bet they ended up in another dimension. Lots of talk about "Dark Matter" which makes up a vast majority of matter in the universe. The mass of the FG's could account for a piece of that....
sammy the blade

Maybe another planet. Land of the Fat Girls, at least you know there's plenty to eat there!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

David, would love to visit the Biltmore but we arrived in Phx late yesterday,flight was supposed to leave at 7:30 this morning but has been delayed till 8:pm tonight, lots of pissed off people!!!

FG's are on their way to Guam on a container ship to test the island for capsizing!

Damn, it's gonna be a very long day!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Well, we finally made it, lost a whole day due to a delayed flight out of Phx, but we did get to visit the USS Arizona Memorial, the tour is free but you have to get there early, we arrived at 6:45AM and there were already about 200 people in line, by the time they opened the gates the line was at least a quarter mile long, there are two boats that take you out to the memorial and you have 15 minutes there before the next group of people arrive, it's very hard to keep a dry eye when your out there looking down at that Ship!

Anyway we're here on Guam, unpacking box's and finally getting interest service, only one puter hooked up but hope to get the other one going soon.

BTW FG"S have arrived and the island hasn't moved one little bit! :-)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Hey Pete, glad you and Nancy made it safely. A direct flight to Guam from Phoenix, if there is such a thing, would have greatly tested your mettle. Good idea to stop over in Hawai'i for a while. The USS Arizona Memorial is really something. Last time I saw it was about 30 years ago. Crowds somewhat less back then. Emotional impact was nonetheless strong.

Pictures of Guam would be appreciated by those who have never been there, including me. Thanks for keeping us informed and the FG's happy. :shock:
sammy the blade

Glad you made it without any set backs.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Cool, I expect pics of your first mess of fish by next week.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I don't know if there is a direct flight from Phx, to Guam David, but I would be ready for the nut house after a flight like that, the 7/1/2 hours from Hawaii to Guam was more then enough! I'll try to get someone with a smart phone to take some pics and send them to you, meanwhile punch up fishing on Guam on google, there's both onshore and offshore vids you can watch.

Sammy, big Rita is on the way to you, look for a wide load flatbed sagging in the middle, sorry about the inner tube and wet suit but Jerr tore them up on her last visit to him.

Terry, i'll get some pics of a mess of fish as soon as I get all my gear and find an old truck to use, I've already hit two tackle shops and checked out several rods and reels, think i'm gonna go with the Daiwa 8000 spinning reel and a 12' ugly stik surf rod.

BTW, 85 degrees here and sunny. :-)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Peter

So glad you are getting a chance to settle in and enjoy the Guam Sun my freind.

Hope you land some big fish with your new fishing gear .....85 degrees sounds just right for beach fishing to me . 8)

Keep us posted and let us know your well .

All the best to you

Ian
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Hi Ian,

Good to hear from you, I haven't had a chance to do any fishing yet, but have some gear on order, i'm also looking for an old truck, there not as easy to find as in the states:-( I have a good spot picked out too, down at the Hagatna boat basin, you can drive right up to the place you want to fish at.

and if I don't catch any I can always buy some sashimi :-)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH09sRBIZPQ