The media

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

The media

Post by Vagrant »

The media suxs any questions.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: The media

Post by natcherly »

Nope. That observation alone is an answer to many questions :mrgreen:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

BINGO!!!
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Here's my simple rule for anything the lamestream media spews: turn it 180 degrees to what they say and you'll be close to the truth. Pravda was never as deceptive as the USA media.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i only listen for the local news, anything else i go to fox news channel
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Jeffinn

Post by Jeffinn »

Media companies are owned by individuals and all individuals have agendas. Unfortunately, the average American is more than happy to absorb whatever is spoon fed to them. They spend more time on Facebook than they do researching day to day topics.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I can't remember the last time I read a newspaper. I watch the local news for the weather in the morning and the "normal" criminal acts that are going on in my general area. It's not that I don't care what's going on in the rest of the world, it's just that I quit drinking quite a while ago. Seems all news is bad news. I may glance at a magazine in the waiting room at Doc visits. Seems Kim Kardashian's antics get my mind off of how the Doc is about to violate me in some fashion without even buying me dinner!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
byronAroum

The media

Post by byronAroum »

Lets admit it, weve all wanted to be part of the media mainly for media day, but is it as good as some of us think?
thom

Post by thom »

I too only watch local news. It is fun here in Baltimore. Murders everyday, at least 5 shootings everyday. Lots of innocent bystanders being in line of fire. In a city of only 600,000 people. US most dangerous city. Right behind Fallujha, Iraq. And probably most corrupt city in US. But hey, lets pass more gun laws. If you can't tell, this is a sore spot for me.
Thom