HISTORICALLY CORRECT ?

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Straydog 5247

HISTORICALLY CORRECT ?

Post by Straydog 5247 »

HELLO MR. VAGRANT , IN 1960 A MOVIE CAME OUT TITLED "MAGNIFICENT SEVEN" (WESTERN) . ONE OF THE "7" WAS A "WHIZ" WITH WHAT LOOKED TO ME TO BE A 11" PICKLOCK STILLETO ! HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE ? I THOUGHT THE STILLETO CAME TO BEING IN THE 40'S & 50'S ! DID COWBOYS HAVE ITALIAN STILLETOS ? ? :?:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Stray doy what are you trying to scare him off? What are you yelling for? Be a good boy and edit your post to a nicer version.
PB
Straydog 5247

OOPS !

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Sorry ! i'm hard of hearing and I hit the stupid "caps lock" button on my computor by mistake :oops: Straydog
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

It happens no sweat.
jthm

Post by jthm »

oops ignore this
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

In Hollywood 19th century cowboys can have 20th century cutlery. I think sooner or later the time of the switchblades origin will be pushed back some however. The Magnificent Seven was based on the Seven Samuri, and the new fangled item in it was a "Broomhandle Mauser".
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

So if we see a cowboy movie and the blue skies of Texas have a jet contrail streaking across it, we shouldn't worry about it? :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Just like phone lines and tire tracks. Or cowboys with .38 specials or all the other wonders of the silver screen.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

When I was a kid, I was watching The Wild Wild West, and in a fight scene one of the bad guys got knocked over, and you could see that he had Converse All-Stars on with just the tops of some fake boots over them. Shattered my faith in TV.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'm surprised he didn't have real boots with fake Converse tops.