looking for info

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
G.D

looking for info

Post by G.D »

Hi Vagrant I was looking around all the accumulated junk in my basement the other day and came across this rifle that I inherited from my father in law 12yrs ago when he passed away . I don`t really know a lot about guns in general this one is a savage 22/410 that breaks down into 3 pieces what I was wondering is about how old would something like this be and are they pretty common that sort of info thanks in advance ....GerryImage
[/img]Image
[/img]Image
Image[/img]
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have no idea, Savage has made that gun for decades :?
One way to get a [very] rough guesstimate is to look and see if it has a "transfer bar" between the hammer and firing pins :idea: They added that somewhere in the late '60s -'70s . Earlier ones just used "half-cock" for a safety. Most of the older ones I've seen ['50s] had a nylon stock but I don't know if this was on all or just the "econos" :?
As a wild guess, I'd say, no transfer bar - pre '68 :idea:
Dances with Emus

Post by Dances with Emus »

Possibly Contact Savage Arms Co with the Serial No. They may be able to help too. Not trying to undermine your knowledge in the subject Al, just trying to help Mr Gerry. :)
'Such is Life'
Mick
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Dances with Emus wrote:Possibly Contact Savage Arms Co with the Serial No. They may be able to help too. Not trying to undermine your knowledge in the subject Al, just trying to help Mr Gerry. :)
:idea:
G.D

Post by G.D »

:) Thanks for your help guys....Gerry