Help how can I use this sheath...

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
catavengercaptain

Help how can I use this sheath...

Post by catavengercaptain »

Imagehttp://store1.yimg.com/I/specpro_1844_5132995
I bought this wonderful dagger called a "Naval Dirk," however the only way to attach it to a belt is by a small ring that is hinged on a grommet (I guess would be the word,) attached to to a band on the sheath.Is there some kind of special hard where if so where would I get it?
Right now I have it attached via a gold caribinier type thing I have attached to a gun belt.
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Looks to me as if you might need a frog. Its a leather piece that adapts these types of sheaths for belt carry. You could try AtlantaCutlery.com or their sister store Museum Replicas LTD. If you can't find one that you like, I can custom build one for you.
McG
catavengercaptain

Frog

:shock: Image thank You I wonder if this would work. I also wonder why some pictures don't seem to show. I must be doing something wrong (like following the directions posted here.) :roll: although this one actually *gasp* seems to be showing.
catavengercaptain

BB code? Gosh is HTML old fashioned?

:roll:
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Yep, that would work. You can also thread the leather thong through the the ring on the scabbard to help keep it from falling out.
McG