Pull Back knives

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Pull Back knives

Post by arthas »

Hi all!

There's a new line at SKM: the Pull Back knives. To open such a knife, you just pull the backside, while you push it to close the blade.

They come in several different handle fashions, take a look here.

M.
moe

Post by moe »

Wow, the blade says Edgeco.

Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Very interesting.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

They were out in the 90s and they probably have all those parts left over and are simply getting rid of them. :roll:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Wouldn't those have to be opened with twice hands? If so, doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Mr.Jerrbear,
You are correct and it dosen't make sense.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Some of these were mechanical opening not spring opening, some used a spring. The mechanical ones were a way to avoid "spring opening" laws. The ones that had a spring had the novelty factor. I'm sure the demise of Edgeco left some knives without a buyer. I have no idea if these are spring or mechanical operated, but either type has the novelty factor :idea: If they are still stamped Edgeco they will also appeal to collectors of Edgeco items.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

JerrBear wrote:Wouldn't those have to be opened with twice hands? If so, doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?
Jerrbear. If you had your teeth in you wouldn't! :P :D :wink:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.