Flushing

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
James Hornburg

Flushing

Post by James Hornburg »

Gents:

I've been reading some of your suggestions about flushing the debris from new knives, which has been left over from the manufacturing process. At the risk of appearing completely ignorant (which I have to confess I am!) could I ask someone to step-by-step me through the process, so I'll be prepared when my new knive arrives? I've ordered an SKM 8 inch stiletto.

Be safe

Horn
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings...

I'll try to help you out here...

Step one... purchase a can or several of WD40... (make sure you've got the little plastic pipes that direct the stuff to where you want it)

Step two.. decide where you intend to work... copious amounts of WD40 will be flowing.. :wink:

Step three... after you've unpacked and gazed lovingly at new knife proceed to area previously designated for the forthcoming task. (don't forget to grab the WD40 on the way... and a roll of kitchen towel)

Step four... with knife open squirt WD40 everywhere the little plastic pipe can reach... you cannot overdo this (though there's no need to use the whole can.. 8) )... put can down... work the action several times... shake knive vigorously ... pick up can and repeat until you are happy that no more crap is coming out of the knife.

Step five ... after you have shaken all the surplus WD40 from the knife give it a good wipe and lightly oil... any thin oil will do.

Hope that helps.. :D
Teddy
James Hornburg

Flushing

Post by James Hornburg »

Teddy:

Those directions are so simple, even I can make my way through it! This will be my FIRST knife, so I need to do things right. Thanks for the help!

Be safe

Horn

Paul, did you roger those directions?
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Uhhh Theodore; while the directions are on the can, you did not mention the WD40 flammability theme. AND I don’t see any posting herein to suggest Mr. J.Horndog has survived his first encounter…
Rats sans stuph
p.s. Any of yous guys ever try Boeshield T-9 on your knives? When I was friskier and more mountainous, I used to use it on my bike. The can says it is "extremely flammable" so its got to be good; right?
sheep-free since '93'...
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Oh dear... I didn't mention that did I... well let's hope he reads (has read) the warning on the can and hasn't set fire to anything.. 8)

All the best
Teddy

PS... THEODORE?? ... we've done this one a while back... you lot may have derived Teddy from one of your presidents.. but over here "Teddy" is derived from Edward... and in this particular case from the fashion used by certain gangs in the 50's which led to them bein' called "Teddy Boys".. who were supposed to be armed to the teeth with such weaponry as razors and "flick-knives" ..
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Teddy,

Thanks for the British pop-culture lesson. I didn't know that.

Jim
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Teddy wrote:
PS... THEODORE?? ... we've done this one a while back... onandon, soforth, sallyforth, and tallyho ..
Well of course we have but clearly I’m ignoring that with the hope that some minor annoyance will result. Jeez looeeze!! And besides, I was all hopped up at the time (assuming that American pisswater actually has some hops in it [apparently the fuggle variety is much appreciated in the U.K.]) so cannot reasonably be held responsible for any resulting bad behavior (Neener, Neener, and yet more Neener) :-P :lol:
ratsstillfullofstuph
sheep-free since '93'...
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Jim..

I was trying to find you a pic of some early "Teddy Boys" but found something even BETTER ... yo GOTTA check this out... and you really need sound... there is an ACTUAL news report (audio) from the time.. on this site which starts up as the page is downloaded..you'll never get a better chance to hear the pomposity of the establishment at the time... :lol: .. and that "BBC" voice we all love to hate...

Ratsthingies..

It was obvious that you were under the influence of some mind-altering substance though I'm surprised that virgin-piss you lot call beer could have such an effect.. over here we drink PROPER beer... made from hops.. and a yeast that can survive higher levels of alcohol before expiring.. you should try some of it... I believe the "Newcastle Brown" is available pretty much everywhere over there... a few sips of THAT stuff will show you what you've been missing... HO HO!!

All the best
Teddy

PS... the bottled sort is best..
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Teddy,

Where do I find the site?

Jim
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

DAMMIT!!

I thought I'd forgotten something.. :lol:

Be right back!!

All the best
Teddy
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Jim...

http://www.teddyboy.co.uk/

All the best
Teddy
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Teddy,

Thanks - that is a classic. I especially liked the use of the term "organized hooliganism"

I agree totally with you about beer. As you know, I made many trips to the UK with my last job and made it a point to sample the beer again and again and again. The proliferation of microbreweries in the USA is now providing us with a decent variety of real beer. You are right about the universal availability of Newcastle brown in the USA. I like it although it is a bit on the sweet side.

Jim
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Jim..

That site is a real gem ain't it.. :lol: ... the magistrate all but recommended the police to give 'em a good "horsewhipping" the next time... HO HO!!

I'm not too keen on the NB either... I prefer lager.. (yes .. I know... shameful isn't it.. :oops: )

All the best
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Hoodlums with neckties on :D And "singing rock and roll songs" :shock: my God it's the end of the world as we know it :wink:
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Teddy that was a pretty good web site. I remember as a very young teen the velvet collars on shirts & coats,coatsleeves and the pockets.
Who remembers Sir Guy shirts? They were the coolest as were the long tailed Pendeltons.