can you clear up a web site discrepancy?

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
yavcon

can you clear up a web site discrepancy?

Post by yavcon »

Hello,
The Real Horn / Damascus Blade / 8" Leverlock in your site builder SHOWS silver bolsters, but is WORDED as brass bolsters.
Can you please clarify which one it comes with. I'm considering a purchase if they come in silver.
Thank you.
"Left & Right" are divisional illusions for sheep to argue over.
There are only patriots who support the Constitution and traitors who oppose it. Period.
Viking45

Re: can you clear up a web site discrepancy?

Post by Viking45 »

The 8" lever locks should come with both brass and stainless bolster options to choose from.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I don't know if this is resolved, but it might be easier to just PM arthas and ask directly what is available. Atleast he should be able to answer,for sure, and should respond.
http://www.talkblade.info/memberlist.ph ... rofile&u=2
yavcon

Post by yavcon »

I was able to get a response through the SKM web site.
Though shown with silver bolsters this particular combo is only available with brass bolsters.
Unfortunately, this is the choice I didn't particularly want.
I assumed the parts are all interchangeable and can be ordered as desired, but such is not the case.
Perhaps they are pre assembled to speed shipping of an order?
My ideal perfect specs would be the 8" birdhead leverlock with silver bolsters, a damascus dagger blade, and briarwood (burled) handle.
Thank you both for the follow up.
I appreciate your input.
Have a great weekend.
"Left & Right" are divisional illusions for sheep to argue over.
There are only patriots who support the Constitution and traitors who oppose it. Period.
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello!

One of the problems with lever locks is to see what is "currently available", as the manufacturers sometimes does a batch with stainless steel bolsters and sometimes with brass bolsters.

The best option would be to check for that emailing support before, or to leave a note in the order.

Cheers,
M.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I should have thought, brass bolsters would have been great on the Forum knife :idea: Maybe on the next one :idea: :lol: