Limited Edtions Frank Beltrames...?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tpyke

Limited Edtions Frank Beltrames...?

Post by tpyke »

How do you figure the value on these? I'm thinking of letting a few of these go, but I'd like to know what a fair price would be. Anyone have a clue? They are all 100% mint...
HOW FORUMS WORK:
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

The G-10 with half grind and the 9" Picklock I would ask at least $75 a piece for if they were mine and the pearlex with teflon its hard to say because either you hate teflon blades or you love them so if it was mine I would have to say $40 maybe. Fair market price really is hard to come up with because unlike other collectable hobbies we don't have a very stable market when it comes to pricing since the value all falls on the eye of the beholder. Whatever you are thinking as far as value I hope you get it and good luck! 8)
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

...wow...talk about depreciation...I would've thought they would GAIN value with time...
I think I'll just try to break even with these
HOW FORUMS WORK:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

tpyke,

Count your blessings. The depreciation in modern knives is nothing like the depreciation in antique picklocks. It is a good time to be a buyer.

Jim
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

Please don't take my qoutes as fact, these are just what I have experienced these knives going for as of late. It's all about finding the right buyer.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

jim d, wrote:tpyke,

Count your blessings. The depreciation in modern knives is nothing like the depreciation in antique picklocks. It is a good time to be a buyer.

Jim
It was those very high prices that lead me into concentrating on high quality current production. The market for the older Italians is really quite thin. I sure didn't want to be the one holding the bag when a market correction occured.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

David,

I did exactly the same. Now, much to the dismay of our wives, perhaps we should grab the vintage Italians (after we make sure the market correction is complete of course) :wink:

Jim
ehughes

Post by ehughes »

I like the pearlex, it's pretty cool
"Faith is like a caged gorilla, mock it and it shall pelt you with dung"

Being pelted with dung stinks.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

I though we were going to discuss those 50 (51st now) anniversary Frank B swinguards with the 24K gold bolsters, ultra grade aaa horn scales with the bolgnium liners and unobtainium blades. I've heard that people got a great deal by pre-paying WSB for them way last fall and they were supposed to be delivered before Christmas 2006, I think. I still haven't seen one. Anyone else seen one yet. :roll: :oops: :?
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Well, I can report that no such knife was found under my Xmas tree.
Mike
butch

Post by butch »

very nice,i lke the half grind blade on the molleta.
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

Actually Butch that is a limited run of G-10 scales that Frank did around 4 years ago or so. They are tough as nails but they were a bit on the expensive side when they were released.
butch

Post by butch »

oops,my mistake but I like it a lot. 8)
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

Yeah, that's the one I would most like to keep....
HOW FORUMS WORK:
METALGOD

LE FRANK BELTRAME KNIVES

Post by METALGOD »

I think the texasman is WAY off on his prices, the g-10 is worth around 80- 100 dollars easy possibly more, the 9" red dot picklock from 2005 is worth around 125 dollars or more easily. im not sure about value on yor other one though.
dont worry your knives didnt depreciate in value much at all maybe 5-10 bucks at very most. i personaly have not had any problem selling them for these prices. if texasman can get g-10 halfgrind 11inch Frank B's for 40bucks i need a ton of them, also im the exclusive distributor/owner of the 9" red dot picklocks from Frank B and there is no way in hell you can buy one for 75bucks not even if you bought 100 of them and i can guarantee that and can prove it.