I fixed a OTF knife!!!!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

sorry man - we only deal with one company (in canada) and their catalog didn't show anything that small. maybe the RC car idea will work!
sclark

ok

Post by sclark »

ok thanks for checking....i will see what i can find out...i will post here if i find any thing that works :)
Fritz

Re: I fixed a OTF knife!!!!!

Post by Fritz »

sclark wrote:
1. i put the knife in a pastic bag ( just in case any spring would fly out)
in which case none did
:idea: I learned that trick the hard way, during my air-gun repair days. I once had a cheap NATO OTF that required frequent adjustment. The blade would come off the track every so often. I finally determined that the problem was that the handle wasn't sitting flush against the frame. Once corrected, the knife would work 100% of the time. I gave it away as a gift, and heard it was still working years later. :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

during my air-gun repair days.

Fritz,
Do not get me started on air-guns, but my latest is a Crosman RM 522, actually made by Mendoza in Mexico a great candidate in the "Best bang for the buck" catagory. [Another "vice" revealed].
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

My Beeman R-1 .22 and I have sent a lot of ground squirrels and brush rabbits to rodent heaven. I found out the squirrels would risk their furry little lives to get sugar coated puff wheat scattered around my field of fire. (Is it correct to say you "fired" an "air" gun?) :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Vagrant wrote:during my air-gun repair days.

Fritz,
Do not get me started on air-guns, but my latest is a Crosman RM 522, actually made by Mendoza in Mexico a great candidate in the "Best bang for the buck" catagory. [Another "vice" revealed].
The last Crosman I bought was an all metal Sig copy, I believe. I never even tried it, it's still in the carry case. I was referring to the vintage Crosman's ie.- 600 pistol, 400 rifle, 99 rifle, Benjamin 30-30, S&W, etc. This RM 522 must be a new model. I quit collecting several years ago. Can you fill me in on the specs please?
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

The Falcon wrote:My Beeman R-1 .22 and I have sent a lot of ground squirrels and brush rabbits to rodent heaven. I found out the squirrels would risk their furry little lives to get sugar coated puff wheat scattered around my field of fire. (Is it correct to say you "fired" an "air" gun?) :D
The R1 is a classic. I say "fired" also. A springer will flash if there is excess chamber lube in the cylinder, but my main interest was always in vintage pneumatic and CO2.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Fritz,

I gave up on CO2 guns a long time ago. I was tired of the fragile seals letting all my "fire" power escape into the atmosphere. Later I found out that I was contributing to the "greenhouse effect" and melting the polar ice caps. With spring guns (and knives), I am being environmentally correct and don't have to worry about getting in trouble with the Greenpeace nuts. :wink:

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

hey mr falcon - switchblades are greenhouse gas free - that could be a great platform for legalization! you'de still have to get charlton heston on board though! :lol:
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Gentlemen,

I have started an airgun thread in the off-topic forum. Hope to see you there.

-Fritz