Help For a New Guy.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Landsurveyor

Post by Landsurveyor »

tanto wrote:
hollowdweller wrote:Otis,

Just my opinion but don't confine yourself to just Italian knives.
Yes, check out the Czech knives too :) :)

David
I agree. My Mikov from Tanto has a really sweet sound and a fast release. The design of the leverlock greatly increases the gadget factor.
I supported the war, and I was right!
Otis

Leverlock?

Post by Otis »

Ok. You got my attention. Gimme some good leverlock direction. Otis
Controlled energy is power, uncontrolled energy is force.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Otis,

The good news is that if you go with Italian, German, or Czech versions you can't go wrong. It is really a matter of personal preference.

Having written that, here are a few of my thoughts. In an earlier thread, I praised the Massaro Old Fashioned for being an incredible value. Other forum members echoed my accolades.

More knowledgable members than I have complemented the AB 9 1/2 inch leverlocks. I don't have any (yet)

The German leverlocks: Hubertus and Kissing Crane are fine knives. Select those that appeal to you, but be aware of the change in German law cited in another post. For some of the long, slender blade models, now might the time to buy. The discontinued Boker 712's are really nice, and still can be had for a reasonable price, although I have seen some scalpers.

Mikovs have a different mechanism in that you move the lever to the forward position and then depress it to fire the knife. They are reasonably priced sturdy knives that offer a collector a unique alternative to the traditional leverlock.

Jim