40's , 50's, & 60's Italian knives???

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
RAZOR SHARP

40's , 50's, & 60's Italian knives???

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

I know these knives are out there. :shock: Yet I only see a few on a couple of the aution sites. Can anyone supply or gather a list of sites where other collecters list the older knives??? :?

Your help and wisdom is greatly appreciated!! :wink:
I WATCHED A SNAIL CRAWLING ON A RAZORS EDGE. THIS IS MY DREAM. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

In the "Old Days", which were about three months ago, Blade Auction was the major site for these older pieces. And in the "Older Days", ebay had its share (and sometimes one will still show up there, only to be pulled as soon as the ebay SB cops get wind).

"Nowadays" some older ones can be found on http://www.sharperdeal.net/.

Some of the gun related sites also occassionally have listings, but as I do not actively collect these items (too much $$$), I don't have a list.
RAZOR SHARP

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

I guess I was looking for some obscure sites out there that I haven't heard of yet. any and all sites would be appreciated!! :D
I WATCHED A SNAIL CRAWLING ON A RAZORS EDGE. THIS IS MY DREAM. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

From what I've read, most of the really valuable older knives like the ones you describe aren't put up for auction but instead change hands through private transactions among collectors.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Jarvis is right. Besides finding them at the blade shows and on the auctions it seems to be mostly inside trading. One of the problems with collecting somewhat secretive taboo objects.
RAZOR SHARP

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

Thank you very much gentlemen for your input. I had a idea that was to be true. As with any collectable, the best are traded or sold out of the public eye. Evenmore so with what jems we have an affinity for. I'm saving my dinero up fellas so if there is one vintage to be had out there in the near future.... I'm game!! :wink:
TOPFLITE

Post by TOPFLITE »

Check the "show off your blades" thread with the pics of some of these
highly collectables. There are a few members here who routinely add
the fine old vintage pieces to their colletions and know where to find
them. As with any collection, some of the less desirable pieces have to
go now and then to make room for the "gottahaveit" pieces and you can
always PM them with an offer. The worst thing that they can say is "NO".
Honest, Honey. I'm only going to buy one more...