NEW Catalana's

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
komodo

NEW Catalana's

Post by komodo »

I thought you guys would like to know that they're making NEW Catalana's.
I got mine yesterday, and was speachless when I opened the box! These are, without a doubt the BEST Italians, that I have ever seen. I have several "special run" Italians in my collection, and expected these Cat's to be every bit as good as they are. I was WRONG! They're BETTER, by a LOT!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mine is 11" w/Light Horn scales, nickle silver bolsters, steel liners. And as you can plainly see, it uses a lever to un-lock the blade to close it! :D In the box, there was also a Dark Horn one, that I ordered for a friend. If he wasn't such a GOOD friend, I'd keep it for myself! LOL!
http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/attac ... 1146997040 (click on link to see pic)
If it's not fun, why do it?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

komodo,

Thanks for the timely feedback - I ordered one last night.

Jim
komodo

Post by komodo »

Jim,
You are going to LOVE it!!!!!

I can't praise these new Cats enough, they really are the "Cat's Meow!" LOL!

John
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

Komodo,

Thanks for posting. The price seems very high and Stu says that the safety is just for show. How is the safety on yours?
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

I worked on one a couple of weeks ago for a friend that would not open all the way and his safety worked sometimes but not 100% :cry:
Saikuri

Post by Saikuri »

texasmad wrote:I worked on one a couple of weeks ago for a friend that would not open all the way and his safety worked sometimes but not 100% :cry:
Damn, I was hopeing to be able to carry one :? .
You Republican's better keep up!: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Saikuri wrote:
texasmad wrote:I worked on one a couple of weeks ago for a friend that would not open all the way and his safety worked sometimes but not 100% :cry:
Damn, I was hopeing to be able to carry one :? .
Would still be possible with chain mail pockets, or short of that, a well constructed cod piece.

http://www.codpiecesareus.com
komodo

Post by komodo »

Xarathos wrote:Komodo,

Thanks for posting. The price seems very high and Stu says that the safety is just for show. How is the safety on yours?
The safeties work perfect on mine.
I didn't get mine from Stu, and mine might be from a different run?????On Stu's site, he says they have brass liners, mine have steel lners. I don't know if that's an error, or if there were two different runs already.

As for being high-priced, speaking only about the ones I have, they are WELL worth it. I would have gladly paid more for mine than what I did, if I had seen them in person before I bought them.

John
sonnyboy

Re: NEW Catalana's

Post by sonnyboy »

komodo wrote:http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/attac ... 1146997040 (click on link to see pic)
...???... :cry:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Six of one...
Half a dozen of the other...
Flippin

Post by Flippin »

I got the same error as I'm not registered. Could you possibly give us a direct link to the picture?

Cheers!

Flippin
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

Flippin wrote:I got the same error as I'm not registered. Could you possibly give us a direct link to the picture?

Cheers!

Flippin
You have to be a registered member to view the page. It's a use less link if you are not logged into the JD.
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

John,

Interesting point about the liners. I looked at the photos that Stu has for each of the 4 scale materials that he is offering. All appear to be steel. My suspicion is that you are correct in that the reference to brass liners is a mistake. I'll know for sure soon, as I ordered mine (in stag) from Stu.

Jim
komodo

Post by komodo »

Sorry about the link thing, here's my new Cat.
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

I think that they look really nice, and I see that they are available at knifeshop :D .....our Teutonic friends are very good on details, and I reckon they will check every one to see if they fire and lockup :) :D :D ...I love the dark horn ( and the stag also).so maybe time to order 8)
METALGOD

NEW 11" CATALANAS

Post by METALGOD »

HI ALL THE NEW CATS ARE AWESOME QUALITY KNIVES JUST LIKE THE LEVERLETTOS WITH STEEL LINERS AND NICKEL/SILVER PINS AND BOLSTERS THEY ARE A LIMITED RUN BUT HOW MANY WERE MADE I DONT KNOW,NEXT WILL BE THE 13" CATALANAS ANYONE INTERESTED IN A 11" FOR THE COLLECTION EMAIL ME AT bernief@accesstoledo.com FOR PRICES PICS AND MORE INFO, ALL THE ONES I SELL COME WITH BLACK BOX MADE SPECIAL FOR ME BY ANGELO, BOX HOLDS KNIFE IN OPEN POSITION AND HAS SILVER INK ON OUTSIDE STATING( AGA CAMPOLIN SWITCHBLADES SINCE 1947 MANIAGO,ITALY) THESE BOXES ARE ALSO VERY NICE QUALITY AND MAKE GREAT COLLECTORS ITEMS OR GREAT AS A GIFT WITH KNIFE INSIDE IN OPEN POSITION, A NICE TOUCH OF CLASS FROM THE CAMPOLIN FAMILY.
THANKS