Just wondering

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

Just wondering

Post by stepdaddy »

I was just wondering if anyone knows about any Stepfather OTF spikes being produced. They make nice additions to collections.

Also can anyone give any feedback on the Benchmade Stryker Auto. I'm thinking of adding one to my collection. Wondering if it's worth the funds.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I have had and use a manual stryker since they came out about 5 yrs ago. The auto versions that I played with were slow and the way mine is tweaked I can open from a number of positions faster then the auto version. BM had the same problem with their Emerson model that one was even slower then the stryker. Also if you put the manual version and the auto version opened side by side the blade shape or ratio on the auto looks funny. This is my take on it others may have had better luck but I prefer the manual. I have an LCC that I find I use the thumbstud much more the the bolster release. The LCC is one to consider because in my estimation you can not find a better made D/A for the money. To this day I still wonder why MT priced them so low compared to there other models because the workmanship is flawless. I think the LCC for the money is the best deal out there.
PB
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I heartily agree with Pushbutton - the MicroTech LCC is excellent! It has the hardest firing leaf spring that I've tried and it's VERY tight. Following a week long break-in period, my thumb skin began to feel like untanned leather. :D

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have a Mini-Stryker it's not bad except mine has a Tanto blade which is not my favorite.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I'm with you, Vagrant. The ONLY tanto blade knife I like is my Emerson CQC7 w/WAVE. The only reason I got it was because they don't have this model with a dropped point. :D

The Falcon
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Falcon,
the Emerson CQC7 is gonna be my next purchase, so I've been doing
a little research on it. I'm in the same situation as you; don't really like
tanto blades, but want wave. I'm almost willing to toss the wave and buy a drop point...
How do you like the chisel grind? That's also something I'm not
a big fan of. Or at least I haven't been in the past.

Mr_G
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Mr Guano,

The WAVE is what makes the Emerson knives so great! There are hundreds of great folders but that little hook on the top of the blade makes ALL the difference in the world! It's SO fast that people watching think you have a fixed blade in your pocket. :D

The Falcon