Knives as weapons

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Andrew

Knives as weapons

Post by Andrew »

OK guys here it is.

We've all thought about it before, so what are your views on your blade being used as a weapon? Whether it's your personal carry or in the home. Some of you may have even had a real life experience.

Have you learned the art of knife fighting, do you want to?

I was talking to some b%!ch at customs the other day. She said the reason they are so tough on knives is because they are 'weapons' and they should be regulated heavily. I calmly told her I consider my knives tools and if they were really 'weapons', wouldn't I be out slashing & stabbing poeple instead of opening boxes and food packaging?

So none of us like our beloved tools being called weapons, but............
Keepin' the dream alive Downunder
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Andrew, you see most Governments think Banning Weapons (or anything that they think is a weapon) is going to make all the problems go away because if a Criminal is going to kill someone for their jacket thats okay... but they don't want to use a prohibited weapon! They made a 100% ban on drugs for recreational use in the states and Clintion spent a billion tax dollars on anti-drug and anti-gun campigns but drug usage and Gun usage (including school shootings) among teens went up! See how control works?!

Just my political views...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Just about anything one can get there hands on can be used as a weapon. I think of knives as tools and as toys but I also know they are and can be deadly in certain situations. I don't leave my house without a knife in my pocket and during the day its always there for whatever use one might have for it. If I ever do leave my house without a knife it means I forgot to put my pants on LOL. Over the years on all the different knife forums this debate has raged tool vs weapon. Well all I say is both can be both.
PB
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

hammers, screwdrivers, saws, pipe wrench
tools or weapons you be the judge

a tape measure can be used to repeatidly smash someone in the temple then measure the size of wound was created lol
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

That's it exactly!! A gun, knife, hammer, screwdriver,ice pick, whatever, their all just tools!! Like the old saying goes, " Guns don't kill people!! People kill people!!!" If you are going to kill someone, your going to find away to do it, no mater what kind of tool you use. Personaly, I have a carry permit. I never leave home without a knife in my pocket, and my 45 acp under my jacket!!!

Come at me mother f---er, and you'll be one sorry sun of a bitch!!! :wink:

8)
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

I got pulled over after a night softball game, and the officer hassled me about my bat!!! I was sweaty, had a glove, and still got questioned about what I was doing out late at night w/ a bat?!? Regulation...Castration... whats the difference?
Gort

Re: Knives as weapons

Post by Gort »

Actually, a gun is a good personal carry weapon. If you were
going to use a knife for "protection", a fixed blade is probably
the most likely to get good results. As I've maintained before,
auto stilettos are an assassin's weapon. Steathy first strike
is their intended use.

Stilettos make poor "tools" unless your intended work is
mayhem, but there are plenty of autos out there that make
good tools.

Arguing with a customs b%!ch is attacking the problem in the
wrong place. If you want results, you need some governmental
power brokers to line up with you.

Andrew wrote:OK guys here it is.

We've all thought about it before, so what are your views on your blade being used as a weapon? Whether it's your personal carry or in the home. Some of you may have even had a real life experience.

Have you learned the art of knife fighting, do you want to?

I was talking to some b%!ch at customs the other day. She said the reason they are so tough on knives is because they are 'weapons' and they should be regulated heavily. I calmly told her I consider my knives tools and if they were really 'weapons', wouldn't I be out slashing & stabbing poeple instead of opening boxes and food packaging?

So none of us like our beloved tools being called weapons, but............
-Gort