Mikov Clone?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Hollowdweller-
Just go to http://www.theautoknifecollector.com
Sample issue is there, plus subscription info. When you subscribe, all issues for the year you subscribe are available to you.
Bill DeShivs
Zack

Post by Zack »

I have to admit I'm curious about those Dualspeeds. They look interesting. If the quality is even close, I'd pick up a couple. However, they seem a touch expensive for an Asian copy...
tanto

Post by tanto »

Hello,

Sorry for not replying sooner. The knife really looks like a Mikov Clone. Have you seen it somewhere else on internet? About 4 months ago I heard about about Mikov copies, this is for the first time I see one. The blade and the bolsters with liner are definitely a Mikov copy, the firing lever is rough but the system is the same.
Since knifeshop.com has its own forum I would ask them what it is. IMO every clone purchased hurts the knife industry and people should not even look at them.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
tanto

Post by tanto »

One more thing. Since I know the knifeshop :cry: business practices :cry: I would say they are more involved in this "clone" thing..... :?

Added: I read their forum and I am 100% positive the Mikov clone is their idea. They are nothing more than parasites that exploit others work and ideas.
Last edited by tanto on Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---------------

My knives + watches
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

David,

What exactly are you trying to say?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tanto

Post by tanto »

I edited my post. I hope it is clear what I am saying. BTW any company producing clones are parasites on other companies and everyone supporting them should think of it. Sorry.. I hate clones (of any product).

David
Last edited by tanto on Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------

My knives + watches
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Is there no international patent that Mikov can use to prevent copies?? Does Mikov plan to produce a 2 auto blade one like that? Looks pretty neat.
tanto

Post by tanto »

As for the patent, I do not know. But would it change anything? Look at Microtech, BM, .... copies.. As long as people buy them they will produce them ...
As for the other question: I do not know either. I would say not, but with Mikov you never know. I try to steer away from their regular production and offer more customized pieces and later the CNC model...
---------------

My knives + watches
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

I like the way the design allows it to be easily opened with either hand albeit getting a different blade.

It would be nice if Mikov COULD be persuaded to make one like it.
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

to be honest... i do not think the dual speed will satisfy someone looking for a quality mikov... hard to tell, but i went to the forum over there and it sounds like the typical asian clone... interesting, cheap, and low quality... get one as a toy, not a knife... imo of course.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I'd rather have one good knife then a drawer full of crappy knives!!! David goto the U.S. and take a bounty hunting course, get your concealed firearms lisence in CZ (it is possible as I rember you saying) and hunt em' down :twisted: :wink:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

J-man wrote:I'd rather have one good knife then a drawer full of crappy knives!!!:
I wouldn't....I'd rather have a drawer (or two) full of nice knives and a load of crappy stuff to play with and not worry about wearing out :wink:
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Teddy wrote:
J-man wrote:I'd rather have one good knife then a drawer full of crappy knives!!!:
I wouldn't....I'd rather have a drawer (or two) full of nice knives and a load of crappy stuff to play with and not worry about wearing out :wink:
Hey,

Now there's food for thought.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Tanto,

We shouldn't even LOOK at clones? :shock:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I don't own clones UNLESS I also own the real thing. When there is a good chance the knife will be damaged [doing something stupid] the clone gets used. The things I do to clones would be terrible to do to a good knife.