Your Best SOUNDING Springblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

First there's the TINK sound, then there's the YOWWWWW! noise I make when I realize the size of the gash in my thumb and finally the obligatory "sonofabitch!" as I try to avoid bleeding all over the

You learn the length of these quickly.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

the spotlight kid wrote:For me there is nothing like the satisfying sound of a swinguard opening! :D So distinct!Or the 15" and 18" Falcons,but they are in another league! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Hallelujah, I am converted.......just recieved my first (working!) 11 inch swinguard (2 rivet job, plain blade, bufallo scales) from that nice young man in Germany,
and it sounds Soooooooooo nice. Bestest sound yet (not including the biggies from Falcon of course).

Best wishes
Teddy
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Teddy,
Now get yourself a 9" swing. Same amazing acoustics in a much more solid knife.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr_Edge,

They have been on my shopping list since first seen on KS :D but I'm trying to aquire any old model 11s first (2 rivet bayos or plain) while I can get them. :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Landsurveyor

Post by Landsurveyor »

Leaf springs

1. My 13" swivel bolster

2. My custom spring Mikov from the nice young man in Prauge

3. My LCC D/A clone

Coil springs, etc...

1. My MOD Mark II

2. My Boker Speed Lock Blackout

3. My OTF Dalton Border Patrol Clone
Last edited by Landsurveyor on Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I supported the war, and I was right!
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Best sounding knife has got to be my old 11" Rizzuto Swinguard. Cheap junky knife I know, but what a sound!!! Been listening to it for over 40 years and never got tired of it yet. :)

Skorpion
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Landsurveyor,

I would be most interested to know where to locate a 13 inch swinger.
please do tell.

Best wishes Teddy
Landsurveyor

Post by Landsurveyor »

Teddy,
Just to make sure that I know what I'm talking about, a swing gaurd stilletto is one that unlocks by slightly rotating the gaurd, right? If that is really what I have then you can find the same knife at this link http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=667533 . I bought mine from Julie at Zaback, however.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Landsurveyer,

You are confusing swivel bolster with swing guard. Cruise some of the auctons or the KS site for a photo of a swing guard. A Hubertus Guardian is an example of a swing guard.

With a swing guard, the guard only, not the entire bolster, rotates when the knife is opened or closed. In the closed position, the guards rest against the scales PARALLEL to the blade.

Jim
Landsurveyor

Post by Landsurveyor »

Thanks for clearing that up Jim. I've seen what you're talking about and that's not what I have. Sorry to tease you Teddy. :oops:
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

My favorite sounding knife? Boy, that's a tough one. I'll narrow it down:
My 11" white micarta swing (little blade play so it opens really hard),
13" rosewood stiletto, and my Halo III copy (if these are so rare, why does everyone sell 50 of them at a time for $20 a pop? :wink: ) The Halo clone opens with such a loud thud that I like to scare the cat with it. But, then again, the cat might just be scared of the fact that I spent money on such a p.o.s!
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

I can't open any of mine without that ear-to-ear grin on my face with the sound of that clack, but I think my favorite knife is the pearl handled 9" stilleto that I bought in a sporting goods store in Italy myself when I was in the Navy. It stayed rolled up in plastic and stuffed up in my tooth paste tube in my shower kit for six months when I made a med. cruse on the USS Saratoga in 1980. :wink:

Beartrap 8)
Stay sharp and you'll always have the edge!!!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

A 13" horn, which i just received and a 7" swing guard with the red dot safety running close second. Wow.. :lol:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6