Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Nice

Post by Vagrant »

The Makarov is one of the "best buys" in pistols today [love mine], the
1911 is THE Classic service pistol of the western world, [odd I don't have one but I have a Star PD in .45ACP]. The Webly is also missing from my list although I love the design. The only "Break Open" type I have is a couple .32 H&Rs. I've seen Weblys in .45 ACP with "half moon" clips
and still kicking myself for not getting one. I'd love to see a "Break Open"
in .32 Magnum it would be a nice gun for "Woods Bumming" That lost art of wandering around the woods until dark then trying to figure out where the car is. [Using a GPS or even a compass is frowned upon.]
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Vagrant,

Reminds me of the time I was camping and in the middle of the night, nature called with a vengence. So, I grabbed my WoodsMoney (that's tp) and headed out in the darkness for a squat. Well, I put the damn roll somewhere near, but I can't find it! Panic sets in and then I become disoriented and don't know which way camp is and I really need to finish the job. So, I sacrifice a perfectly good set of briefs and found a nice spot in the pine needles to bed down. A GPS at the time would have been nice, A freakin flashlight would have been better! Goes to show you can always learn from someone elses mistakes.

Mr. Corpse,

Do I hear faint rumblings from down south? I hope we did not awaken the sleeping giant with the Cadillac bumpers. Maybe the 'ol Doofus's master escape plan was flawed in some sort. Maybe it was the part where I said 'by the way Wally, don't ferget the guns!' O.K., I must now go into action and hatch Plan B, but first, I must think of what Plan B could possibly be! Don't worry 'ol pal, I'll bust ya out sooner than ya think!

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Lost

Post by Vagrant »

I to have made the same sacrifice of underware in an emergency. I now
always have a flash light with me SureFire 3-P since I work nights I usually have a spare Stremlight Stylus [uses AAAA batteries very slim].
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Vagrant,
I hate to get back to the original topic (Imitation Horn), but I just wanted to let you know that I took your advice and stored the knife closed - I don't understand it, but it works perfectly!
Thanks!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Vagrant,

The Webley Military and Police in not a break open like the .455's and the ones modified to shoot .45 acp. It has a little door that swings open to put the shells into the cylinder, and then a little hinged rod that pulls out of the middle of the cylinder, swivels over, and then you poke the spent shells back out the little door. When I send a pic into Tiny, maybe I'll try to include it in the pic.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

JerrBear,

Congratulations! It only took Vagrant's expertise and 5 pages of posts to solve your problem.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Falcon,
Incredible ain't it?
I almost wish I hadn't axed!
JerrBear
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Webley

Post by Vagrant »

Hollowdweller,
A Webley I haven't seen? Very interesting.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Original Topic

Post by Vagrant »

Jerrbear,
Glad it worked, I call it a hunch but a Psychologist I knew called it
"Counterintuative solutions" [you do the opposite of what seems logical].
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant,
I'd like to make an appointment with that psychologist. I'd spill my guts for an hour and then counterintuitively charge him a $100 for listening to me.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. JerrBeer,

In the vital interest of keeping this thread going, I nailed down 3 imitation horns on BA (even though the little guy on my right shoulder said don't do it, I listened to the guy on the left) so I may conduct a vital, but most important experiment. I shall leave one open and one closed while I play with the other one. This experiment will be conducted with the aid of copious amounts of Coor's and excessive decibils of Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Blue Oyster Cult. I will be sure to keep the forumites informed as to the progress of said testing, which may take as little as 1 week to over 1 year.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Sorry, Mr. Falcon!
I know that psychologist and he only accepts patients for whom there is some hope for improvement... Perhaps you should contact the "Pet Psychic.":)
JerrBear
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Doofus,
You are indeed a "Prince Among Men!"
Research like this most certainly deserves a government grant.
I will be anxiously awaiting the results.
Regards!
JerrBear
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Yow, buddy! An early 4th of July fireworks display at the Wally cellblock after she read your helpful, flimsy and transparent excuse for Wally escape to Zoomie mountain. After hiding behind my truck until after dark, she seemed to calm down enough to unchamber the live round. But, just like all us husbands, what I say goes. So Wally goes to Bonzoid debacle for the 4th, with AK, .45, Browning Hi-Power in 9mm with shoulder stock, and Mauser C-96 in 9mm with shoulder stock. I will depart from my senses towards ya' on the 3rd. I will be the jerk driving a black truck covered with bushes on the shoulder with no headlights on. Thanks for your kind offer to accomodate me outdoors with no shelter other than my decomposing skin. Be sure to leave a roll of toilet paper on the front porch, whereon I shall excrete.
I am looking forward to applying myself to your hospitality up to and beyond the wearing out of the welcome, (usually about 9 minutes).

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Mauser

Post by Vagrant »

My Mauser is a Bolo in 7.62 [no stock], Fun Gun.