Godfather/-son - who uses & how?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Simeon

Godfather/-son - who uses & how?

Post by Simeon »

Ok, I've got a question for you who owns Protech Godfather and/or Godson.

What kind of use they get?

Maybe I mean that...
... Godson (with 3,25" blade) can be used for rope cutting, box (and evenlopes) opening - even ;) for cutting bread. It can - I think - to be considered as EDC.
... But is Godfather with 4" blade good user? Or is it more a showpiece?

Neither of them is whittler, if I'm right. Am I?

I'm not starting any Godson vs. Godfather -war here. I just want to get one of those but can't decide which one. :?

So, help :!: , please :!:

Thanks in advance.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

it doesn't matter witch one you get,you will have to have the other one as well,i started with the GF and now have 2 of each.
i use them back at the grill quite a bit,cutting limes,sausage,steak,opening bags of chips,ect,they are great knives :!: don't delay,get one today.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

tequiza wrote:you will have to have the other one as well
teq
That's what I'm afraid of... :wink: :roll:

Thank you for the reply, BTW! :)
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

They're quite useful during Tong Wars, too, being more concealable than a hatchet.
Seriously, I have a couple of Godfather clones(Thanx again,Stu)and find them very good for all sorts of utility work.
They also scare the neighbors to death.
Life has no value, but death has it's price
TESSA3

Post by TESSA3 »

My GF is just kept in my
collection, not an EDC at all, too good for that...!
You are right, now I want the Son
T3
"Straight to the point..."
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Simeon,

Mr. Falcon uses his Godfather as a coil spring life test instrument. :P

Snap!,
Greyblade

P.S. - I have 3 GFs, no GSs (they look too little). I have used an all-black GF as an EDC for a while, but am carrying a Paragon X-O Lite right now. The GF is still in the rotation. I have actually used it to whittle (it worked goooooood), and to cut sausage. The GF is the only auto knife with which I have ever accidentally drawn my own blood. They're pointy buggers. God forbid it should open unbeknownst in your pocket!
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Im carrying a GF right now... Its not too big for me, but I think a godson is more in line w/ an edc if your looking for more of a worker knife. I generally carry for
1. self protection
then
2. general use.
The GF is a great/scary self protection knife... The tip is an icepick/needle, and therefore not great for a work knife, but pierces just about anything it runs into.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
snowdon

Post by snowdon »

tequiza wrote:it doesn't matter witch one you get,you will have to have the other one as well,i started with the GF and now have 2 of each.
iteq
I'm with tequiza on this one. Thats exactly what happend to me! I usaualy carry the G/S but every once and a while I'll take the G/F, both are great knives, fit & finnish is excellent, and man what a snap! :shock:
:D
BladeLover

Godfather?Godson?

Post by BladeLover »

I have an all black Godson and a green with beadblast blade Godfather. The Godson was the fastest production knife I ever bought and I was drooling for a Godfather...so bought one a couple months ago...I was surprised how big the Godfather was when I got it, but it was love at first flick. I carry both as EDCs on occasion primarily for self-defense, because they have awesome edges and points and the Godfather is pretty large and intimidating.. I have a couple clone Godfathers (one Stu - one from our man Claudester) and like them too..although they aren't as big as the real deal and of course not the same quality ...but they are fast, pointy and damned sharp...those I cut stuff with and they've held up great. I think the Godfather series was designed for self-defense because of the thin needle sharp point, but they will slice and dice about anything you reasonably wanna cut...I just tend to baby mine some 'cause of the price, but I think they are very durable as long as you don't skin deer with em or use them as a pry bar or screwdriver. Hell buy one of each---you're gonna want more...I want one of each with G-10 and MOP and burlwood scales now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Regards,
BladeLover
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Simeon

Someone (mr_edge?) once wrote: the Godfather is the only knife in my collection that I actually fear. I share that sentiment. You must get one or more, and it is best to insure that no body parts are in the path of an opening Godfather blade.

I would love to see a nickel silver bolster, polished blade model with micarta or horn scales. A 13 or 15 inch Godfather "Magnum" would also be a nice addition to the line.

Jim
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

jim d wrote: A 13 or 15 inch Godfather "Magnum" would also be a nice addition to the line
nice going jim,now you've got me slobering all over the keyboard 8)
teq
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

jim d wrote: A 13 or 15 inch Godfather "Magnum" would also be a nice addition to the line
nice going jim,now you've got me slobering all over the keyboard 8)
teq
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

If we keep singing the song, maybe protech will listen... I know I dont plan on stopping soon.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

i use my GF's and GS's to look at !!!!.... they are indeed very sharp and fast
jim d... i would like the horn scale polished blade, i have a deco splash polished blade GS that is nice, but horn scales would really be nice !!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

BTB wrote:I know I dont plan on stopping soon.
that's a fact benny,once a junkie,always a junkie, 8)
screw the rehab :!:

teq