Shellpuller

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ragnir71

Shellpuller

Post by ragnir71 »

Hello!
Found this on a flea market (lives in Sweden and uses google translate, if you wonder why I write strangely): I paid around 13 usd for the knife and it is in perfect condition. Is this Italian or German? Virginia Inox stamp on the blade. how old can it be and what do you think the value is?

john

Re: Shellpuller

Post by john »

It’s Italian most likely made in the 1960’s.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Nice! I have a similar example stamped Jndiana Extra, also Italian, that I believe I paid in excess of $350 for. It’s been a while, so I think that’s what I paid. So, you stole that one! 🤣.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

:roll: Why can't I ever find deals like that?
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

ragnar71

These don't show up that often ,and at 13 dollars it's just a giveaway price as they are well built knives .

Great score ,shows they are still bargains out there .
Mario

Post by Mario »

I believe it’s Italian. That’s a very nice find! You got it at a flea market in Sweden? Cool!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Made in Maniago by Massaro.
If the knife springs open correctly (automatically,) it has been repaired. The grinding on the blade indicates that the spring was, or is, broken.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes from Italy and I agree with Bill that the nail nick was added most likely due to a broken spring.....
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

I always thought that English was mandatory in Scandinavia, same as in my country (The Netherlands)? But are automatic knives legal over there or did it slipp through the cracks at one point? By the way.....nice catch.