help with Top automatic otf knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Randomized79

help with Top automatic otf knife

Post by Randomized79 »

I bought an top automatic otf knife in parts on a yard sale and now I want to look if the knife is complete and how I should assemble it. Can someone please upload a picture of an complete top automatic and it assembled ?
gravknife

Re: help with Top automatic otf knife

Post by gravknife »

Randomized79
Can you post a picture of the parts you acquired . It may help in your request and what you need .
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I tried for awhile searching for a picture of a Top otf in the forum but the results came up being too vague of a search. My memory seems to recall them being like a cheap Nato otf? Maybe? Or I may be thinking of ones that say Top secret.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I believe this might be one. It's mine, from a sale/trade with another member. I'll try to get around to removing the cover and snap a pic to show the guts in correct placement and complete. Most likely what's missing in our new friend's knife is one or both release levers.
Attachments
IMG_20231226_070512980.jpg
IMG_20231226_070512980.jpg (468.64 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

Maybe one of these-

If it is one of those, and if you are in the US, there are TOP switch-combs available on ebay for $17 (free shipping). If the internal parts are the same, you might buy one of the switch-combs to learn on and acquire any missing parts you might need. A pic from that listing-

Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

Do a Google search for "Edgeco Special Forces OTF instructions." The knife is the same as the Top Automatic. I know the instructions are out there. However, if you cannot find the instructions I'll post one of mine.