Grandpa's Coricama Switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Re: Grandpa's Coricama Switchblade

Post by Twobit »

What Bill said. You don't want pitting in the metal.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

1st, glad to have you with us, and your Coricama is a very hard size to find, I like how you can see the pins through the cow horn.
MSPNYC

Post by MSPNYC »

Didn't want to mess with the knife, but it sounds like I need to clean the metal.
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

Killgar wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:33 pm
As far as dollar value, it's hard to tell. But I see that a 4.5" Coricama sold last year on Arizona Customs for $700, although it was in better shape than yours. But this might give you an idea of what some Coricamas sell for.
As JulesVane mentioned, that 12cm swivel/transitional is a bit different and was only up for about 5sec before it was gone like the wind… if another of those came up for auction/sale it would likely be 1K+ at least.. I can’t tell if yours is a 14cm 5.5” or 16cm 6.3” the way it’s positioned against the scale/ruler
MSPNYC

Post by MSPNYC »

I'm considering consignment of my Coricama. I'd rather it go into someone's collection to be admired rather than sit in a box in my house for eternity.

I reached out to Arizona Customs and they're willing to sell it for me, but they need 3-4 weeks to offer it up. I asked them if they could tell me more about the knife and 'Andrew' knew very little about it which seems odd for a knife specialty retailer.

Any other recos out there?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There is no more to tell. It's a nice knife made in the 1950s. Fairly valuable. I'm surprised you haven't already received offers. After 25 posts, you can offer it for sale here.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

What a beautiful rare piece. Would maintain the knife and keep it, as a memory from your grandpa. If you still plan to sell, than its should be above the $500 easy as some experts already has mentioned.
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

Let’s see the other nicer one
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

c
Attachments
Coricama-700-k2.jpg
Coricama-700-k2.jpg (27.39 KiB) Viewed 204 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

That's cool, Jerry. Hard to imagine it's 7", but really nice! Looks smaller.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)