I ordered the Kershaw Launch 17 this morning.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Re: I ordered the Kershaw Launch 17 this morning.

Post by Twobit »

FedEx regularly screws up shipments to me. I ordered a set of tires for my wife's SUV a couple of weeks ago. One of the four was delayed because of a labeling issue and arrived a day behind the other three, all because someone couldn't figure out that the one tire, sitting there with three identical tires all marked the same (other than the FedEx shipping label) was part of a set. Of. Four. Tires.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Those dildos.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

It seems as if they could "f#&k up a wet dream", doesn't it?
Fishtail Picklock
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Indeed, it does, fishtail.
Fishtail Picklock

Well, FedEx delivered the package today (I saw the package on the front porch from the Internet). I'll let everyone know about the knife tomorrow.

Blessings.
Fishtail Picklock
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Hope it stays put until you get home, fishtail.
Fishtail Picklock

Twobit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:26 pm Hope it stays put until you get home, fishtail.
If my roommate gets there it will be fine. (I don't want to lose a $140.00 knife). Cross your fingers.

Thanks, Kid!
Fishtail Picklock
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I guess I'll let you get away with calling me "kid" since you've got about 17 years on me, but I sure don't feel like a kid (unless I'm snapping away with a switchblade, that is!).
Fishtail Picklock

Twobit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 pm I guess I'll let you get away with calling me "kid" since you've got about 17 years on me, but I sure don't feel like a kid (unless I'm snapping away with a switchblade, that is!).
I enlisted in the Navy on 7/19/1973 when I was 18 years old. (The Vietnam Conflict was still raging and would be for almost two more years). We were young and impetuous. (Those were the days). :roll:

Please forgive me.
Fishtail Picklock
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

No forgiveness needed, fishtail. Just breaking your balls a little! I was still a little over a month from my 2nd birthday at that time. Thank you for your service. I'm sure you didn't get much of that at the time.
Fishtail Picklock

Twobit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:10 pm No forgiveness needed, fishtail. Just breaking your balls a little! I was still a little over a month from my 2nd birthday at that time. Thank you for your service. I'm sure you didn't get much of that at the time.
Twobit,

Some appreciated it. Others called us everything but civilized humans. The SVNA and civilians liked us., The NVA, Vietminh, VC, and Pol Pot DID NOT! (I spent my time Stateside, but trust me, we were all there).

The package has been taken inside and my knife is safe. The Launch 17 has a decent home! (I like it already).

Blessings to all.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Glad your prize is safe. Blessings back to you.
Fishtail Picklock

Well, the Launch 17 is a peach! The S35VN steel is hard to sharpen but holds a keen edge longer. The jimping on the spine (at the ricasso) is just heavy enough to make forceful cutting tasks easier. :wink: The handle is reminiscent of the Launch 8 but the G10 inserts give it sufficient traction to lend the knife to proper use. :D

This is another winner from Kershaw. 8) :D
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Glad you're happy with it, fishtail!
Fishtail Picklock

I recommend one of these for every pocket! These are nice knives and take a great edge. Many automatics are big and bulky, but this isn't. The clip point is suitable for a large number of tasks and can be called upon for lots of hard work. (This is NOT a "safe queen"). Buy the darned thing and put it to work! :wink: 8)

In the immortal words of the old Alka Seltzer advertisement, "Try it, you'll like it!" :D

I can't recommend this knife enough. GO FOR IT! 8)
Fishtail Picklock