Another OTF

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Re: Another OTF

Post by Twobit »

Aye, Ian, I see now. Just optics fooling me eyes. Interesting variant,mate. I don't dislike it at all.
prober996

Post by prober996 »

I finally found my "NATO" OTF knife, as I suggested back in December! After I took these photos, the knife stopped opening... it is now stuck in the closed position.
IMG_6860.JPEG
IMG_6860.JPEG (56.54 KiB) Viewed 495 times
IMG_6859.JPEG
IMG_6859.JPEG (92.69 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Prober if you could get the front scale off you could probably see the issue and correct it but it appears to be pinned in place. The Super Automatic's will snap off after you get the slide switch off its stub. The spring and catch/release assembly are right under there and serviceable. The mechanism is likely very similar to the NATO knife. It's hard to explain but not so very complicated to do. I had mine apart and back together several times as a teenager before it got confiscated by my high school principal. The secret agent I just traded for is identical.
boots

Post by boots »

It's funny how camo is different from country to country, here's Tiawan's idea of camo.

Twobit

Post by Twobit »

That one is probably more likely to disappear in foliage than the tiny woodland camo pattern on the NATO'S I've seen, boots. Good camo is subtle.