The Dung Restriction

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
button_man

The Dung Restriction

Post by button_man »

Is anyone familiar with The Dung Restriction?

Under Federal law -- and I believe this is still on the books -- any significant repository of animal dung (usually a cave or island
with massive deposits of bat guano or bird droppings) is off-limits for switchblades, SPECIFICALLY because of the dung.

I have never heard the reason for this, but the only thing I can think of is that at one time such material was valuable to the military as a raw material in making munitions; and therefore Federal laws (including the carrying of weapons) were applied in these locations. Sophisticated industrial chemical manufacture didn't begin in earnest until the 1930s and 1940s.... and remember, Timothy McVeigh utilized a truck loaded with fertilizer in 1995.

Does anyone else have further information on switchblades and The Dung Restriction? I can only add that I am eternally grateful that our
dedicated public servants seem to have always labored mightily to focus on truly important issues of the day. "Your Tax Dollars At Work"

sammy the blade

Re: The Dung Restriction

Post by sammy the blade »

I believe that knife is a turd cutter.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I try to keep my shit cleaned up to avoid violation.
john

Post by john »

Our elected officials work really hard to save us from ourselves, tax dollars we’ll spent. The Dung police are out to get us. They’re camouflage as piles is shit inside the caves.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

That's the problem with the government. They never want to just cut the shit.