New Guardian copy in stag

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

New Guardian copy in stag

Post by Twobit »

Got this one for my son's Christmas gift. I'm going to have to have one for myself. Perry Knife works' representative photos did NOT show the AKC logo on the blade. Otherwise I would have looked elsewhere. No guarantees that others don't do that too.
Attachments
IMG_20231211_092952917.jpg
IMG_20231211_092952917.jpg (537.32 KiB) Viewed 797 times
IMG_20231211_094117084.jpg
IMG_20231211_094117084.jpg (591.98 KiB) Viewed 797 times
gravknife

Re: New Guardian copy in stag

Post by gravknife »

Nice gift for him Luke .and not too expensive.

You know that will lead to him wanting many more so watch out :)

The chinese will always poach ideas and profit from it i'm afraid ,I dont know why when they can turn their hand to decent knives,just wish they wouldnt use others logos .

gravknife
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Ian, he got his first auto last year for his birthday, a lever lock stiletto. Also a balisong for Christmas. He's got the beginnings of a nice collection of knives of all sorts. He also has a fondness for Western style fixed blades.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Glad he likes knives Luke .

I started at 8 with a hitler youth knife and just carried on. I like fixed blade knives myself and had many through the years ,but these switchblades sidetracked me for the last 10 years ,something about them .

We may see him here in a few years :)

Hope your well mate.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I've always had a fascination with switchblades, particularly swingers. As a teenager I had a thing for OTF's and that's what my first impression of Johnny Cade's knife was - that it was an otf and he was opening the trapdoor (I didn't know that term at the time but recognized the concept)before firing. The blade blurred out so fast it also gave me that illusion. I learned different and the reality was uninteresting to me at the time but my appreciation has matured through the years and developed into an unshakable drive to have one of my own. Most of my knives were bought with an eye towards practicality but the autos are my weakness and my only bow to what I think of as frivolity. This shell puller is robust and likely would stand up to practical usage but I'll never do more than cut packaging open with it. I intend on keeping it for life so no need to keep it "cherry" but I'll also not risk abusing it like an EDC. Not having to dip into the family budget is truly a bonus. The Rizzuto's will be on the sales forum soon. It's going to hurt to let go of them but I'm a compulsive snapper and they're so fragile I'm sure I'll eventually end up compromising their value and so they belong in someone else's display case.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

At least they have a somewhat usable blade unlike the Medici and guardian. I would probably occasionally EDC a smaller swinger that would cut. I carried a cheap manual rough rider for a long time until I lost it.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Better than loosing the swinger ain't it.
2024 candidate for president