Anyone know anything about this site?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Anyone know anything about this site?

Post by Twobit »

I'd like to hear from anyone who knows about or has done business with the following website. They're showing my desired AKC shot puller lever lock not only in stock which I haven't found anywhere else in the US, but at the hard to believe price of $55.99 for ebony wood scales and a few dollars more for horn and other types except abalone white is $99.99. All I've been able to find is that it's a pretty recently created site (I forget if it was May or August of this year), and that they've lifted photos directly from BladeHQ's site. It's tempting to order my precious but I'm very suspicious based on pretty much all of the above. They also recently changed the actual address from akcknive.com to akcknives with the s on the end. I'm curious whether anyone knows if it's legit or a scam as I suspect.Thanks,
Luke

https://www.akcknives.com/automatic-knives/
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Anyone know anything about this site?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Interesting. They show knives in stock that aren't being produced right now.
Pricing is very low. I sent a message on the "contact"page, but it looked like it didn't go through.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

It's a total scam site. There are many like it that also use pictures taken from BladeHQ. The first one I saw was supposedly an AGA Campolin site, selling every AGA Campolin knife that BladeHQ ever sold, and at a fraction of the original retail price.

I've also seen them for several other brands including Cold Steel, and one recently claiming to sell Bechmade knives.

Here is a link to that scam AGA Campolin site I mentioned. I post it only for educational purposes and as a warning. Notice the similarities to the fake AKC site you asked about. Remember THIS LINK IS A SCAM SITE! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

https://www.agaknive.com
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Thank you, Bill and Killgar.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Has no one here got got an AKC shellpuller to sell Luke at a reasonable price ?

Sure I have seen many posted here over the years and at least he would know what he is getting and who it is from .

Try a wanted post in the For sale and trade when you have enough posts Luke ,you never know what may turn up .

Would hate to see you get scammed or receive something that isn't what it purports to be .Worth waiting for the right example ,when it is something you really want imho.

Hope you get one anyway mate .
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I do intend to do that, Ian. Got to figure out how I want to sell my Rizzy's. Thinking about seeing my local gun shop owner about selling them on GunBroker on consignment. Thanks for your concern and call out!
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

No problem Luke

Just want you to get an example that is right ,I hate scammers mate .

Hope your knives sell well ,they are nice examples ,and then you can get the shellpuller you want .
Tkreil66

Post by Tkreil66 »

I hope I’m not breaking any forum rules but I do have this AKC shell puller that I would be willing to trade for the black rizzy or Medici if interested and have met the forum rules. I’m not a seller so it will be here..
Attachments
IMG_8531.jpeg
IMG_8531.jpeg (105.49 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
IMG_8530.jpeg
IMG_8530.jpeg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The site is a SCAM. NICE collection of knives there !!!!!!!!!!!!!
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

Twobit wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:01 pm I'd like to hear from anyone who knows about or has done business with the following website. They're showing my desired AKC shot puller lever lock not only in stock which I haven't found anywhere else in the US, but at the hard to believe price of $55.99 for ebony wood scales and a few dollars more for horn and other types except abalone white is $99.99. All I've been able to find is that it's a pretty recently created site (I forget if it was May or August of this year), and that they've lifted photos directly from BladeHQ's site. It's tempting to order my precious but I'm very suspicious based on pretty much all of the above. They also recently changed the actual address from akcknive.com to akcknives with the s on the end. I'm curious whether anyone knows if it's legit or a scam as I suspect.Thanks,
Luke

https://www.akcknives.com/automatic-knives/
I think that site is part of a massive internet fraud ring. I found them exactly the same way by searching for an AKC shell puller (wanted one in stag). I looked for "finger prints" and found not only are they targeting the knife collector community, they have similar dupe sites about everything from designer clothing to Husqvarna lawn mowers. They are using search traffic to steal from online shoppers of so many product varieties. Regarding knives, they are placing for much more than AKC. It is a big problem and it is up to big tech such as Google, cloudflare, Amazon to shut them down.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

He probably doesn't want a left-handed one......
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Bill I'm pretty sure that's just a reverse image. The AKC logo is backwards.The view from the other side is normal. QGofLake I don't suppose there's any way of reporting such sites?
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Tkreil did you receive my PM?
Tkreil66

Post by Tkreil66 »

I probably reversed the images. It took me 30 minutes to remember how to resize/crop photos.

Twobit I did get your PM.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Scammers bite! It's great that people look out for each other on this forum and I appreciate everyone for their time and input on my concerns. Clearly I'm not the only one to find these a-holes and smell something off about it. If it looks too good to be true it most likely is. I understand that there are lists of "good guys" and "bad guys" for retail sites on the forum, correct?