Buying from Italy

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Squire80

Buying from Italy

Post by Squire80 »

I have set up contracting with Antonio Contini for one of his switchblades and need a few answers from those of you that already own some of the old-fashioned style stilettos...-first of all is there a sheet or form to use for the needed information and to pay PayPal? I will pull up his site and check on that. My next question is how is this done so there is no conflict with XXXXXXX? He has given me the price and what shipping will run but I have no address or means to use PayPal. There is obviously something I'm missing --

If one of you would be kind enough to walk me through a buy direct from Italy, I would very much appreciate it --thanks in advance ---John
Tom19176

Re: Buying from Italy

Post by Tom19176 »

alkBlade posting rules

TalkBlade is meant to be a free forum. However, to ensure the conversation doesn't stray too much from the path and that the board remains always interesting, please keep in mind the following basic rules when posting:

* Do not discuss importations, customs, shipping companies, or ways to illegaly import knives in your nation.
boots

Post by boots »

Squire80 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:12 am I have set up contracting with Antonio Contini for one of his switchblades and need a few answers from those of you that already own some of the old-fashioned style stilettos...-first of all is there a sheet or form to use for the needed information and to pay PayPal? I will pull up his site and check on that. My next question is how is this done so there is no conflict with XXXXXXX? He has given me the price and what shipping will run but I have no address or means to use PayPal. There is obviously something I'm missing --

If one of you would be kind enough to walk me through a buy direct from Italy, I would very much appreciate it --thanks in advance ---John
You will need a Paypal account, go to their website to set it up, Sardinian will not accept any other form of payment. After your knife is paid for you should receive it in about a week. Just a side note, always buy from a repeatable seller, and never pay as a friend and family though paypal as you will never be able to recover your money if you don't receive your goods.
Squire80

Post by Squire80 »

I still have not gotten any info on XXXXXXX. Do they not even figure into this situation? When paying between $700 to $800 for an item, I would not want to lose it to XXXXXXX --
So you set up an account with PayPal and trust them with your bank account number? They have the uncontrolled use of it and if hacked, it's out there for anyone to use? I'm not being sarcastic, just surprised --We have been hacked and it's not fun --I have had PayPal tell me they will decide when I am paid for completed sales on Ebay. Even after the item has been shipped, I wait for a couple weeks. They threatened to fine me for trying to check on my money -
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Please review forum rules!

Jim
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Squire80 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:44 pm I still have not gotten any info on XXXXXXX. Do they not even figure into this situation? When paying between $700 to $800 for an item, I would not want to lose it to XXXXXXX --
So you set up an account with PayPal and trust them with your bank account number? They have the uncontrolled use of it and if hacked, it's out there for anyone to use? I'm not being sarcastic, just surprised --We have been hacked and it's not fun --I have had PayPal tell me they will decide when I am paid for completed sales on Ebay. Even after the item has been shipped, I wait for a couple weeks. They threatened to fine me for trying to check on my money -
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Can you not read?
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN:

TalkBlade is meant to be a free forum. However, to ensure the conversation doesn't stray too much from the path and that the board remains always interesting, please keep in mind the following basic rules when posting:

* Do not discuss importations, customs, shipping companies, or ways to illegaly import knives in your nation.

FOLLOW THE SITE RULES.....
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I removed the offending word. Let's hope he gets it.