Appreciate Any Observations On An Old Picklock

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fastr19

Re: Appreciate Any Observations On An Old Picklock

Post by fastr19 »

Thanks Jeff, John, and Gravknife. i alwasy like to show off my stuff.
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

gravknife wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:44 pm Nice little uncommon knife

I like the saphirs aswell , but not seen many of the kobra marked knives ,and not many were picklocks .

Most I have seen are swivel bolsters with both bayonet and swedge blades ,and can have a mixture of stainless and nickle bolsters .
fastr19 posted a really nice group of saphirs a few years back ,he may post the pic if he sees this .

Thanks for sharing it .

gravknife
Thank you gravknife and Fastr!

Fastr, those Saphir knives are beauties! I particularly like the black/white horn combo. Very stylish.

Hard to know if the maker of Saphir stamped knives is the same as the maker of Kobra knives. The font and style of the stamp does appear similar. Perhaps the pick lock I posted images of was an early one.

Jackalope.. they appear to be nickel silver bolsters.
Last edited by QGofLake on Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Most, if not all of the stamps used in Maniago in the 1950s and 1960s were probably made by the same person(s.)
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:34 pm Most, if not all of the stamps used in Maniago in the 1950s and 1960s were probably made by the same person(s.)
Tks Bill. Would that be the Beltrame family?

Regarding the stamp KOBRA and in the case of the knife I added a few pictures of, it is certainly not Arabic for "high quality spring repair" :D
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No. I don't know who the die sinker was that made the stamps, but I can't imagine there would have been more than one or two in a town the size of Maniago in the 1950s.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.