Bone-handled Hubertus

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Bone-handled Hubertus

Post by Panzerfaust »

Not my knives or pictures but I am pleased to see Otter has added bone handles to the Hubertus springers. I am really wanting one in the white bone. These are the only old-style switchblades I am aware of that are comparable in quality to the ones made in the 1950s. I just wish they would make them with carbon-steel blades or any steel besides the 420-style they use.
Attachments
HubertusWhiteBone.jpg
HubertusWhiteBone.jpg (68.41 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
HubertusFrenchCowbone.jpg
HubertusFrenchCowbone.jpg (82.96 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
Tom19176

Re: Bone-handled Hubertus

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice ! I her they are using slip in springs now ?
john

Post by john »

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the info and I hope you get to add a white bone knife to your collection.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Looks like they have changed to a larger lever now.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Yes, the levers do look larger. I just looked the 11cm stag one I bought a few months ago and the lever is the same size as those on my older 11s. Of course, my new model lever does differ in that it is solid.

Jim
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

jim d, wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:29 am Yes, the levers do look larger. I just looked the 11cm stag one I bought a few months ago and the lever is the same size as those on my older 11s. Of course, my new model lever does differ in that it is solid.

Jim
I can't say for sure but I think it is just the photos which I cropped that make the levers look larger. These are great knives and I have all three sizes. The small and medium are in my EDC rotation and I carried the larger one a couple of times but decided it's just a bigger knife than I need. The Lilliput is a great office switchblade!
I just hope Germany doesn't pass another round of knife laws because it would be a shame to see these go away.