Inox Wandy shell puller

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Digitaldan

Inox Wandy shell puller

Post by Digitaldan »

I freind of mine gave me this Inox Wandy shell puller. Unfortunately the spring is broken
in it. I'm not skilled at knife repair how would I go about replacing the spring. My guess
is the knife is from the fifties based on what I found on the net. And could anyone please
tell me if this knife has any value.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
inox wandy.jpg
inox wandy.jpg (435.65 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
john

Re: Inox Wandy shell puller

Post by john »

Way wicked beautiful knife. Not sure of the value, but if it were mine I’d get the spring replaced.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

I don't know about that particular model, but from what I see of recently sold Wandy brand switchblades (stilettos), they don't sell for a lot, particularly in comparison to other older switchblades. Unfortunately there is no clear pricing guide. As always, it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

For spring replacement I would recommend Bill DeShivs. He's a member here, has the subforum below this one, and has a website under his name.

Wandy was a US importer. Their knives were made by Mauro Mario (Italy).
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

1950-60s knife. Let Bill fix it
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Tom19176 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:29 am 1950-60s knife. Let Bill fix it
Tom is right. This knife is an artifact from the mid to late 1950s. It is best preserved by a professional. This tool should have seen lots of use in a shooter's range box or in a backpack of a hunter using a shotgun. He would use it for cleaning fowl and small game.

A modern iteration of this tool would prove useful on either the shooting range or in the field.

Let Bill repair that beauty. You can then either use it for its intended purpose or place it in "honored retirement".
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Bill is the man for the job and I'm sure he's busy so there may be a wait on him getting to it but a switchblade with a broken spring is a major bummer!
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks for all the recommendations but unfortunately the OP is in Canada.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow! I've never seen that model with a WANDY stamp on it! I would have guessed it were stamped Lepre. Wish you were in the States so Bill could replace the spring. Good luck with it!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Digitaldan

Post by Digitaldan »

I've cleaned it up a little and I polished the blade with wet 7000 grit sand paper.
I live in Canada if I ship the knife to Bill the Canadian custom monkeys will seize
it and destroy it, And probably charge me and fine me.
Attachments
Vintage knife.jpg
Vintage knife.jpg (567.48 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

JulesVane wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:35 am Wow! I've never seen that model with a WANDY stamp on it! I would have guessed it were stamped Lepre. Wish you were in the States so Bill could replace the spring. Good luck with it!
Pretty sweet! I love how things constantly come out of the woodwork all these years later
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Attempting a repair would likely cause damage. My suggestion would be to leave it as is. It's probably legal in the Great White North as it is now.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.