AKC X-treme ACE Automatic Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

AKC X-treme ACE Automatic Knife

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I just ordered one with a satin blade and a black aluminum handle. I don't mind the AUS8 steel blade. The steel takes a decent edge and the knife carries well because of its light weight (3.34 ounces isn't very ponderous). I like the knife for use in my carry rotation.

Does anyone else like these knives for their price point?
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: AKC X-treme ACE Automatic Knife

Post by sammy the blade »

I have a few of them and I really like them. Only drawback I see is the blade is milled out for the spring which in my opinion is the weak link. Could make it easier to break one off in someone, pun intended. Buy one you're gonna like it!
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

I own one it’s worth the price.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

While I dearly love my Piranha "Virus", the AKC X-treme Ace Automatic Knife should prove light enough to tote about in my sports jacket pocket without anyone noticing. When it gets dull, I can whip up an edge quickly in "two shakes of a lamb's tail".

This should prove to be a useful knife. (This is a desirable trait, as I don't really want another 'dust collector' in my bedroom drawer).
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

A lot of my knives are dust collectors! I never carry a knife I would hate to loose, accidents happens and he who dies with the most toy's wins. I really don't use a knife very often now that I'm retired so I usually carry a Boker Kal or a Ganzo now that automatic knives are legal in Indiana. Most people don't know that here and I get a charge out of the look on people's faces when I pull one out. Comments are those are illegal or where did you get that. I just give them a web site or two if they're really interested or tell them I might have one I could come off of if they really want one. Really don't want to get rid of any but I'll get them one if they are scared to order one.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

sammy the blade wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:04 am A lot of my knives are dust collectors! I never carry a knife I would hate to lose, accidents happen. He who dies with the most toys wins. I don't use a knife very often now that I'm retired so I usually carry a Boker Kal or a Ganzo now that automatic knives are legal in Indiana. Most people don't know that here and I get a charge out of the look on people's faces when I pull one out. Comments are those are illegal or where did you get that. I just give them a website or two if they're interested or tell them I might have one I could come off of if they want one. Really don't want to get rid of any but I'll get them one if they are scared to order one.
I understand. I routinely carry my Piranha "Virus" in my sport jacket pocket. I look forward to carrying the ACE so If it is lost, I haven't lost $170.00 worth of S30V steel.

The ACE should perform rather nicely. Slicing open large packages and heavier duties is a great application for these "Taiwanese Aces". :wink:

Works for me!
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

My ACE arrived from the "Around Town Brown" (UPS) delivery at 12:15 PDT. I am THRILLED with this knife! At this price point, the knife is absolutely marvelous! This is, to say the least, a FANTASTIC value for the dollar!

I lubed the pivot point and the knife has already lost the "grittiness" that comes as a result of being new. I'll take it to the aluminum/ceramic sticks on my Spyderco Sharpmaker and put a razor-sharp edge on the AUS-8 steel blade.

This knife will ride comfortably in my sports jacket pocket and should perform "yeoman service" when called upon for years to come. 8) :D
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Glad you like it so much!!!!! The EVO is great for the price too!