Blackboard Jungle picklock

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Re: Blackboard Jungle picklock

Post by Panzerfaust »

Jackalope wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:04 pm 21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg

The movie has some great shots of the picklock which gets broken at the bayonet point when another character stabs it into a desk. The film makers must have broken the blade and glued or soldered the point back on because I doubt the blade would snap that easily. There's another shot that shows it on the floor and it had nice horn.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Doesn't Jamie Farr ( MASH Corporal Klinger) take the knife and stab it into a table and snap the blade off. (somebody does)
I remember him using a small flag on a pole to disarm Vic Mprrow.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Funny thing was, in my day, everyone had knives. . .
Half of the kids came in in bluejeans and cowboy boots smelling like farm manure.
You did your chores before school.
I had to walk and feed the horses.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

jerryk25 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:08 am Funny thing was, in my day, everyone had knives. . .
Half of the kids came in in bluejeans and cowboy boots smelling like farm manure.
You did your chores before school.
I had to walk and feed the horses.
Better times.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Every kid has a knife in Grade school and High school....This was in Queens, NYC 1970-80s....
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Tom19176 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:32 am Every kid has a knife in Grade school and High school....This was in Queens, NYC 1970-80s....
I started collecting a few miniature sized knives when I was around 10-11 years old. To this day I won't leave the house without a knife. I remember carrying a little black Valor stiletto to school for years. I know of a few that carried "Saturday Night Specials".
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

Mumbledy Peg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4XHqC9W2a8&t=87s
We used to play this version during recess in grade school in the 50's.
It was no big deal, just fun. No playground monitors cared.
We lived by the shore; in Summer we kids always had an inexpensive Mora sheath knife that you bought from the local chandlery, they were 4-5 bucks iirc.
Every soda pop bottle was 3 cents or a nickel when returned; people used to throw a lot of 3 to 5 cent returnables out their car window. Couple of weeks scavenging the roadside for returnables and you had your $5.00.

What the hell happened?? :(
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:57 pm The dragon was added for the movie.
From what I have learned about the Picklock in "Twelve Angry Men" is the dragon on the horn handle was a decal applied to the horn scales for dramatic visual impact.
Fishtail Picklock