Latama's New Offerings

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
RoyS

Re: Latama's New Offerings

Post by RoyS »

I agree,

The prices are starting to get quite high. I wouldn't mind if each knife was close to perfect. I just received a lovely custom, not cheep at all but there are some small areas of 'finishing' that could have seen a little more attention and/or care.

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Had 3 with no issues, another in route.So will see. bought a lot of Frank Beltrames. At less money, and was happy also. also had 2 that went back.i figured out of 12 2 going back was not too bad.for $800.00 today you don't get a custom anything in guns.start at 5 g.Hopefully Roy the finishing is a small issue.for exchange or return.
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks mate,

Yes, a very small issue, so I'm happy with the knife but will monitor purchases closely going forward.

I think after quite a few purchases from Walt only two have had to be returned and the process was easy.

In contrast and after only a handful of purchase from PVK Vegas, I have now had to return three knives and I'm waiting for a refund on my last purchase. The process has not been pleasant thus far, so I may consider dropping them all together.

Cheerio,
Roy
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Ray i have bought from 4 other guys have dropped them all for a few issues not being able to return or never shipped item..O r plain lied. no loss to me i spent thousands with other guys and they lost my bizz.So i always try and be the nice guy as i buy.
Once i get issues i move on. the last guy lost $5,000 more in bizz from me he did not get.maybe some are so Rich in knife world they don't care.
I was on first name and pick up the phone with a few. and spent thousands with them. WISE MEN. keep the money train rolling and you don't have to worry about new customers every week.But hey to each whatever they want.No sweat off My Blade.best regards Ron
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Well done Ron,

I feel it's always best to take the high ground, "be a nice guy" as you say. This world is difficult enough, so I always aim to be courteous, polite and remain a gentleman in every respect. After all, this is our 'passion', so wherever possible I only want to connect with 'real' gentlemen (and ladies of course) be their friends, contact or dealers. A good reputation is hard earned and easily lost.

Cheerio,
Roy
boots

Post by boots »

They have some nice Ramshorn bayonet picklocks but $600.00 is a little steep.
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Boots sometimes when i thought a few things seemed$$$ steep but i really wanted it i sold a bunch of stuff i did not need or want anymore. and went and paid for what i was looking at.And said done not to worry anymore.But remember you have to really want it that bad...and most always i did. after it was over i had the new item was happy and did not give too much thought what i sold off.Funny you mentioned pick locks. called walt and bought this one.It was $200 more than i wanted to spend. But did not have a Abalone but i said why not it is a looker.good luck in whatever you decide,
Attachments
C-PK-AB-ND11780-w900_5000x (1).jpg
C-PK-AB-ND11780-w900_5000x (1).jpg (181.26 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I often find that the hunt for an item is the best part, and having an item is not always an enjoyable thing as wanting it....Not logical but often true especially for most of my past girlfriends...lol
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom - past girlfriends... :D

You are so right about knives, especially when they are not exactly described, or all too often when the description is the truth and nothing but the truth, but not the whole truth...

Jim
boots

Post by boots »

RON K. wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:51 am Boots sometimes when i thought a few things seemed$$$ steep but i really wanted it i sold a bunch of stuff i did not need or want anymore. and went and paid for what i was looking at.And said done not to worry anymore.But remember you have to really want it that bad...and most always i did. after it was over i had the new item was happy and did not give too much thought what i sold off.Funny you mentioned pick locks. called walt and bought this one.It was $200 more than i wanted to spend. But did not have a Abalone but i said why not it is a looker.good luck in whatever you decide,
That's a beautiful knife, I'd like to see one in person, pictures don't do them justice.
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Thank you..
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Definitely a keeper, think I'm getting a woody looking at it. Rare occorance anymore.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 candidate for president
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

I have a woody ITS A BELTRAME GOLD MODEL 11inch. with cocobolo handles. I am not sure he did many of those.Will have to get a pic of that one.I tell knife guys have at least one real nice one or maybe two,
Last edited by RON K. on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boots

Post by boots »

Careful! Knives and woodies don't mix! :D
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Noticed this morning they did sell 3 of the abalone customs,So i guess they had 2 other interested parties that said DO IT.I think they have the best selection now on all of them well over 65 for sale.