Vintage Stilettos FOLGORE & Triangolo

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bmarshall6488

Vintage Stilettos FOLGORE & Triangolo

Post by Bmarshall6488 »

Deleted……………………….
Last edited by Bmarshall6488 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Vintage Stilettos FOLGORE & Triangolo

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There is plenty of information, if you know where to look- and you found the right place!
The little Triangolo was made by a company that later became the Coricama consortium of Maniago, Italy. It's what is known as a "shell-wrap" knife. Notice the use of only 2 pins in the handles? That's because each handle is one stamped piece of nickel silver, and each has a celluloid plastic overlay- the "shell wrap." These knives were made throughout the 1950s. I suspect yours is one of the earlier versions.

The Folgore is a 1950s Maniago knife also. The handles on it are horn, either cow or water buffalo. The marking is one of the more uncommon ones.

Both knives are valuable and desired by collectors. Perhaps others can help with values, as I don't sell knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I would say you have a couple rarer knives. I will let more in the know give you value estimates.

Is it the picture or does the Folgore have screws in the handle?scales? It looks like it may have been worked on or altered.

Love the little shell wrap Triangelo.
Bmarshall6488

Post by Bmarshall6488 »

whippersnapper wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:02 pm I would say you have a couple rarer knives. I will let more in the know give you value estimates.

Is it the picture or does the Folgore have screws in the handle?scales? It looks like it may have been worked on or altered.

Love the little shell wrap Triangelo.
No screws in handle just pins…I don’t believe there’s been any work done to these. 👍🏻
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

OK, my eyes are getting bad and thought I could see some slots in the top spline pins.
Bmarshall6488

Post by Bmarshall6488 »

whippersnapper wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:07 pm OK, my eyes are getting bad and thought I could see some slots in the top spline pins.
I added an up close pic in the same link.. so you can see better. I’m not familiar with these as I said so you would know better. What do you think from photo? Thanks
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Those are pins. Steel pins, which are generally peculiar to the Folgore knives.
Most Italian stilettos of that era used brass handle pins.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Both beautiful and desirable knives!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

nice Folgore ive been after one of them knives for 20+ years but seems i always get overbid or someone else has deeper pockets than i do as i can never seem to find one at decent price for my collection , shit i got latama picklocks coricama picklocks Rosco Picklocks and many others etc.. but the Folgore stamped knives eludes me for some reason but whatever guess im not supposed to have one lol . Thanks Bernie
Lhooligan

Post by Lhooligan »

Really bernie.you don't have any folgore? Thought you had everything.shoot I'm surprised.im sure it'll turn up somewhere,.try Mike L.s site.bet it pops up there
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

nope ive seen bunch Folgore stamp knives but always get overbid at last second lol , mike l's site lol im not going to pay them prices , i had (i thought) i had a deal with these 2 knives but seller is trying to get most he can out of them, i asked him for 2 days send me price for both then all of sudden someone offered him 800 for the pair and he wanted to know if i would go higher lol so someone wanted them knives pretty badly to throw out a 800 dollar offer and honestly they are not in good shape at all lol the folgore is badly sharpened ant nicks and scratches all over entire knife the little cr is in pretty much same condition, i told him condition is everything on these knives so for someone to throw out that kinda offer without really having them in hand to inspect them correctly is just straight up foolish but you know some people have more money than you know lol .
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Whoever bought the knives saw the same pictures. I don't think they were in bad shape.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:14 pm Whoever bought the knives saw the same pictures. I don't think they were in bad shape.
wow i wont be having you evaluating any knives for me anytime soon you clearly cant see the problems with these did you even look at the pictures the blade is sharpened badly look right under the folgore stamp it is sharpened bad , looks like pretty deep nicks all over entire knife and the blade is tipped , the little cr is in same condition sharpened bad nicks and scratches on entire knife , vintage knives are not fetching the prices they were years ago and again your someone who can fix all the problems on these knives huh ?? lol make em look new again lol ha ha ha ....
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Trying to make someone feel bad for purchasing something that you wanted is classless.

Don't concern yourself with what I can do, as I won't do it for you.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:16 pm Trying to make someone feel bad for purchasing something that you wanted is classless.
ONLY ONE CLASSLESS IS YOU ASS HOLE LOL

Don't concern yourself with what I can do, as I won't do it for you.
ALL SHUCKS NO MORE WORK FROM LITTLE BILLY LOL