Another Fake AKC

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Another Fake AKC

Post by Tom19176 »

The former BladePlay now Grindworks no longer has any respect from me. When Cam and his partner started it years ago they were great honest guys. I think Cam sold the business. They are often selling China knives as made in Italy but this is clearly a COUNTERFIET knife and one buyer even makes that comment...

https://www.grindworx.com/item--AKC-13- ... wpjb0k7z1w
sammy the blade

Re: Another Fake AKC

Post by sammy the blade »

Don't think you're going to find any Italian knife that cheap. Guess that's just the way business is done anymore.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

AKC = Automatic Knife made in China 🇨🇳
I guess the only way to buy a Genuine AKC Knife is from 3knives.com a.k.a. knifeshop.com
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

About the only thing not made in China anymore are American babies, but that may be coming.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for the comments. I find it very sad that a company that had high values when they opened has changed so much. They use to inspect every knife and send nice email responses. Cam would always be honest about his products.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I agree Tom, BladePlay had a stellar reputation. I did find it a bit paradoxical that a company that sold switchblades would choose a name that is a description of a common switchblade defect.

Jim
sammy the blade

At least their fakes aren't branded with Bills name on them.
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

I noticed this one (pic below) on there last night. When I looked at the "full" specs, it said "Italy" as country of origin. I knew it wasn't Italian as I own one and it's definitely of Chinese origin. Interestingly enough, when I went there tonight to grab a shortcut to it so I could post it with my comment here, this particular knife was no longer found anywhere. Either they deleted the page or it's currently hidden while they re-edit the "full" specs to show proper origin. :)

Nevertheless, we've all seen this movie before regards some of their "Italian" offerings. Some time back I had bought not one but two Frank B's over a span of 2 or 3 months. One was supposed to have factory filework and the other was supposed to be a swinger, in both cases I received Beltrame swivel bolsters and no filework. They made it right on the last knife and refunded me and told me to keep the knife. They said they had an inventory issue that they had resolved. Even the UPC labels on the plastic sleeves the knives were in were not correct. They were the right labels but wrong knives. I think they believed they had received them that way from Italy. Still though, you'd think somebody in IC or QC would check what they received when they showed up here. I figured it was likely a combination of faults on both sides of the ocean.

As for these Chinese made knives labeled as originating in Italy, I'd think again that problem would've been solved by now as well. My money's on it being an issue in advertising or inventory...such as when they are creating a new product in their database they use a record from a previous, similar offering and maybe not get all the information properly updated or changed. Seems "Country of Origin" may be a field that one might not pay close attention when trying to get a new knife up on the site. It could be that simple, they just clone a new entry off a previous product by copying its record and change what specs need changing and miss that field in the process.

At least I'd like to believe all this and not that it's being done knowingly or intentionally.

Sorry brothers if you have an eye-strain headache from reading this, I just noticed I was way more verbose in this comment than intended. :(

Peace.

Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I remember when you posted about them sending you the wrong knife twice. They use to be a great company. What ever the issue is they are not that way now. They do videos where they call China knives as Italian......I would have to search for them but I have seen them in the past. I suspeact they took it down as some one complained about it marked "AKC" but all the Magos are still claimed to be made in Italy which we and they know is a lie.......
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

There is an Ebony 9 inch swingaurd for sale.Do you think its real Bill?
john

Post by john »

leighdog wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:09 pm There is an Ebony 9 inch swingaurd for sale.Do you think its real Bill?

I’d say fake. The AKC stamp is missing.
John

JPD1998

Post by JPD1998 »

I bought two of these from GrindWorx a few months ago ( posted on another thread).

The Damascus knife has a deep laser engraved logo on the blade and it's different than the clones.

I emailed 3Knives and they could not confirm if it was real.
Their only comment was that they don't carry them and as far as they know, AKC hasn't made any in awhile.

Also the knife I received was listed on GrindWorx as ebony and it's actually dark horn. The spring on my knife is one piece and dimensionally smaller than the clones.

But I'm still not sure who made these and not convinced these are AKC knives.
If I find any more information I will update.

sammy the blade

Pretty soon they will be cloning cigarettes and condoms too.
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

The knife i bought and returned had the AKC stamp but it was in a different location and at an angle. What a shame because the knife wasn't made all that bad. And it functioned ok also' I just hate fakes'
john

Post by john »

Here’s a Speed Hunter with the AKC stamp
C75C1CF9-FA39-403E-8AE6-EC315AD89F2F.jpeg
C75C1CF9-FA39-403E-8AE6-EC315AD89F2F.jpeg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
John