blue print for 9cm blade for a rizzuto swinguard knife or a used blade for sale ?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
guskoh76

blue print for 9cm blade for a rizzuto swinguard knife or a used blade for sale ?

Post by guskoh76 »

I bought a false rizzuto that is a manual knife that I am converting but the blade doesnt lock because its been grinded so I have to make e new one or find a used one for sale to replace it with. Any help is wanted so I can mend it. Unfortunately I live in country where its very hard to find parts thats why I reach out to u guys.
:D
Last edited by guskoh76 on Mon May 16, 2022 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
button_man

Re: blue print for 9cm blade for a rizzuto swinguard knife or a used blade for sale ?

Post by button_man »

I bought these parts for an 11" Rizzuto back in 2019. Is this blade a match for yours, or are they different sizes?
(I believe that 9cm is slightly less than 4 inches; so you probably have the smaller Rizzuto....? )

You can see that the front scale is heavily cracked; and the button assembly on the front liner is trashed.
Basically it's a blade, spring assembly, and back liner. I think the back scale is okay but would have to look....

Attachments
Rizzuto_parts__979c.jpg
Rizzuto_parts__979c.jpg (502.7 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
guskoh76

Re: blue print for 9cm blade for a rizzuto swinguard knife or a used blade for sale ?

Post by guskoh76 »

hi, are those parts for sale ?
best regards

Gustaf
button_man

Post by button_man »

I always prefer to trade..... what do you have to swap? (And in what country do you live?) Regards ~ Karl

P.S. ~ You might be able to fill the cracks on the front scale with super-glue so that it will hold together.
There are no pieces missing from the scale..... it is just heavily cracked.
All you really need for a complete knife is the button assembly, and a front bolster.
guskoh76

Post by guskoh76 »

Hello Karl, I live in Sweden.. and you? your name is a very Swedish name but I guess you live in USA.. I dont have very much to trade with at the moment, I collect switchblades and I am also planning to get into building /making an ots automatic.. the button can be bought to your knife on ebay.. I am very interseted in your parts.. so if you come up with a price please let me know,
best regards
Gustaf
button_man

Post by button_man »

Private Message has been sent ~ ~ ~

button_man

Post by button_man »

Just thought that some of you folks might be interested in what it costs to send a small, lightweight package with a handful of parts across the pond....
the USPS website is quoting me a cost of $ 42 !!! --and that's bare-bones, no extra insurance, no delivery confirmation, nothing. Yikes.

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Probably the cheapest way to go but it's rediculas.
2024 candidate for president
button_man

Post by button_man »

Remuneration received from Gustaf -- all aspects of the transaction satisfactory on this end of things!
The parts are in transit, and hopefully he will receive them fairly soon.....

Attached is a photo of 3-T method (Toothbrush Tube Technology) for long-distance shipping!
The tubes are lightweight, yet tough (I dated a girl like that once) and offer really good protection
against impact or crushing. They were taped shut and double-bagged inside padded mailing envelopes.
Attachments
tubes_open.jpg
tubes_open.jpg (442.37 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
Last edited by button_man on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

I use PayPal's in house shipping service ShipStation. Just recently sent a Boker to Germany no insurance with tracking 8oz padded mailer $15. Carrier is USPS takes 12-14days.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

3 - T method :D :D I love it

Jim
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Check the below eBay seller. View his additional listings he has many Stilletto parts.
"046 Set of wood handles for large Hubertus leverlock Stiletto Parts Repair"
button_man

Post by button_man »

XBMX ~ Yeah, after further investigation I discovered that the (First Class) padded mailer could be used for around $16 instead of the flat-rate box at $ 42. The drawback is that it isn't possible to buy insurance with 1st Class; but you CAN buy it for Priority. Don't ask me why the P.O. won't offer it with 1st Class. Attempting to decipher the complex and arcane rules of the P.O. is like trying to compute how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.....
BTW, no link to an eBay seller displays in your last message.

jim d ~ The 3-T method has proven to be excellent for parts like this, along with small flat lever-locks and very small (under 7") stilettos.
Unfortunately, I have yet to find a similar container for larger stilettos that combines light weight, low cost (97 cents), and toughness.
If anyone discovers something commensurate, I would appreciate hearing about it...!
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

button_man wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:04 am .

XBMX ~ Yeah, after further investigation I discovered that the (First Class) padded mailer could be used for around $16 instead of the flat-rate box at $ 42. The drawback is that it isn't possible to buy insurance with 1st Class; but you CAN buy it for Priority. Don't ask me why the P.O. won't offer it with 1st Class. Attempting to decipher the complex and arcane rules of the P.O. is like trying to compute how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.....
BTW, no link to an eBay seller displays in your last message.

I have had 100% success without insurance. Using mylar padded mailers 360 wrapped with clear tape. The ebay seller I spoke of can be found by this way, look for a add for "Wooden Hubertus Scales" he lists two sizes. Then click on "sellers other items"
guskoh76

Post by guskoh76 »

DELIVERED 💯👍😃 THIS WAS A GOOD TRADE !!!

All the parts arrived this week, everything is exactly as in the pictures and as "button_man" told.
I am very happy, and satisfied with the Rizzuto parts,
and now my restoration remains of getting the knife parts together.

I will do business with "button_man" again in case there are more interesting items that he has to offer.

It was fair and honest deal, I vouch for "button_man" to trade and do buisness with in the future.

Thank you Guys!!!
Gustaf / Sweden

🙏👍💯