I "bit" on this... (or, rather it "bit" me)!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I "bit" on this... (or, rather it "bit" me)!

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I must stop fishing in these waters!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Piranha-X ... k-3--26279

(But I DO love it so)! ;)

I'll let everyone know when it arrives.
Fishtail Picklock
NorthCarolinaDude

Re: I "bit" on this... (or, rather it "bit" me)!

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

You'll like it...I have 3 Piranhas and they're all solid well manufactured knives. And I'll likely pick up another soon. For sure, let us know what you think when it arrives! Peace.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

NorthCarolinaDude wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:47 am You'll like it...I have 3 Piranhas and they're all solid well manufactured knives. And I'll likely pick up another soon. For sure, let us know what you think when it arrives! Peace.
I have two "fish" in my "creel". This is the one I plan on carrying when there's light-to-medium work to be done. I have heavier-duty knives for the "tough stuff". 8) :mrgreen: :wink:
Fishtail Picklock
NorthCarolinaDude

Understood, and thus even more important for a review. I was going to say so in previous message, that they seem built well for work but I'd not know as my 3 are tucked away in a drawer! I just came from browsing all the possibilities over at AIK, they have a fairly large selection of them there. Although, I might add I've been considering an Excalibur OTF ever since watching a "review" on YT where said reviewer put one opened, sharp end down, and pounded it into a block of wood, doing virtually little damage to the knife. If it wasn't shot by the manufacturer or a reseller, then it should have been as it was a great demonstration of how well made their OTF actually is! Peace.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Check out the Guardian Tactical OTF, I understand they've sold some to military units. I have one I really like. Very solid lock up, Similar profile and size to. Lightning OTFs (imported).
NorthCarolinaDude

Found the video I mentioned, turns out to be a PVK production, or at least they uploaded it. Not quite an HD quality video but entertaining nonetheless to watch this dude use a hammer to pound this poor Piranha into a block of wood!! A true "torture test" if I ever saw one!! No wonder they sell so many of these things, gotta be able to write those test samples off! Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7wmVryeFHA