What would you consider to be the ultimate "Gentleman's Automatic Pocket Knife"?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: What would you consider to be the ultimate "Gentleman's Automatic Pocket Knife"?

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Thanks, people. The point I was making is a true "pocket knife" with automatic capabilities can be a "genteel accouterment". The objective of a concealable auto that keeps a low profile should always have a place in either a sports jacket or a slacks pocket. Nothing overly ostentatious or flashy but subdued, yet functional.

These go a long way toward "pocket time" according to my lifestyle. :wink:
Fishtail Picklock
Panzerfaust

Re: What would you consider to be the ultimate "Gentleman's Automatic Pocket Knife"?

Post by Panzerfaust »

button_man wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:27 pm .

P.S. ~ Some might object to this knife as contravening Requirement #1 (not alarming the sheeple) but I believe that almost any OTF can be activated far more discreetly than a side-open. Almost the entire knife handle stays concealed in your hand. Quietly hold the knife at your side or behind your back and press the button. By the time anyone hears the 'click' and starts waking up, you are already calmly spearing that scorpion crawling across the breakfast table. Nobody really sees anything except an already-open pocketknife in your hand. And with a DA, closing is a snap in every sense: swing your hand out of view for a second and by the time they hear the 'click' again, you're already slipping the knife into your pocket. Although you might want to take a moment to wipe off the scorpion goo first.....

I opened my Microtech UTX-85 in front of a couple of women recently to cut open a box. Neither batted an eye. With all of the other one-hand knives out there, I don't think people pay notice to switchblades as much as they used to. The OTF is the most convenient knife I have ever carried and I'm glad they have been made legal again in many states.