Flatguard

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Flatguard

Post by Panzerfaust »

I bought this 11-inch flatguard for 70 bucks at a gun show in the mid-1990s.
Attachments
Flatguard2.jpg
Flatguard2.jpg (49.09 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
Flatguard.jpg
Flatguard.jpg (57.08 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
thom

Re: Flatguard

Post by thom »

I’ll give you $80 for it
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I keep having a dream like that...lol Nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Some people have all the luck. Back in the late 80s and early 90s I'd go to gun shows and walked past so many knife dealers, obsessed at the time instead with AK and SKS rifles. So many tables, unsearched. The opportunities lost haunt me. :cry: Peace.
button_man

Post by button_man »

Great horn, and the knife looks well cared for -- nice piece!
Any ricasso markings on this knife? Just curious....

Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I too went to gun shows in the 80s and 90s and didn't see many picklocks so this was an exception. This one has no markings on the tang.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Panzerfaust - I consider a vintage flatguard to be a fantastic gun show find. Yours looks quite nice.

N.C. Dude - don't fret about it. You might have missed something worthwhile, but I have never bought a knife at a gun and knife show. Once I almost bought a bo/bc stiletto, and that is the closest I ever came. By the way, I'm in Kernersville.

Jim
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

jim d, wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:41 pm Panzerfaust - I consider a vintage flatguard to be a fantastic gun show find. Yours looks quite nice.

N.C. Dude - don't fret about it. You might have missed something worthwhile, but I have never bought a knife at a gun and knife show. Once I almost bought a bo/bc stiletto, and that is the closest I ever came. By the way, I'm in Kernersville.

Jim
I have seen and bought many switchblades at gun shows through the years, but they were mostly modern knives or an occasional vintage American push button. What I can't figure out is why vintage German and Italian switchblades have dried up online or maybe I just don't know where to look anymore. A lot of the ones I bought were from the Sharper Deals site when it was really active.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Panzerfaust wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:30 am What I can't figure out is why vintage German and Italian switchblades have dried up online or maybe I just don't know where to look anymore.
I can promise you this Panzerfaust- They are out there, still. With your wallet, we can find you anything! :lol:

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

jim d, wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:41 pm Panzerfaust - I consider a vintage flatguard to be a fantastic gun show find. Yours looks quite nice.

Jim
Hey Jim, I'm outside Charlotte. I came to live here from Fairfax County in Northern Virginia, when I couldn't stand it anymore, around the turn of the new millennium. Shortly after, my father fled too and moved to Newton near Hickory. But no worries, we fit better here in NC anyhow. Especially my father, he's a professionally trained banjo player! :D The last of our family, my sister, is getting out this year. They're moving to Florida.

Suffice to say, "gun shows" in those years there meant driving out to places like Leesburg and Warrenton up there and the pickings were often slim. One of the first things I did when moving here was to attend a show and I was blown away by endless rows of tables and every firearm under the sun. It was paradise, I had found "home." Haha. Peace.

Scott
Mario

Post by Mario »

These were worth only $70 at the time? Wow! 😲

They’ve more than quadrupled in price since then! No, I take that back, they’re actually worth as much as $300 or $400 now!

It always pays to look. Never know when you may find something that will be worth a truckload down the road!